BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am in the market for a 9 wt/ 4 piece saltwater flyfishing setup. Thought I'd throw up a post if anyone has a good setup that they don't use or would like to unload. I'm looking for very good-excellent quality setup. Use is for inshore stripers and offshore mahi etc. Message if you have something. Im in Northern NJ/Pt. Pleasant area. Also looking for reccomendations for a good starter setup.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Just below your Barn Sale post, there's an Sage 9wt for sale. They're nice rods. Put a decent reel on it and you have a very nice outfit.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The sage up in th barn sale looks to be a pretty good deal. Depending on your $$ a pfleuger or Ross reel to go with it...

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a tfo 8wt id be willing to part with, its a 2 piece though. I also have an orvis vector 2 reel. I don't know which point pleasant you mean, but I live in the coastal one.

Joe 732 575 2164

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'll be out of town 2 weeks but when I return I plan on making a purchase. Sorry if I don't respond until that time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a pair of 1pc biscayne 9wts, but it would cost more to ship one to you than the rod is worth. I kinda like having a few spare jetty rods around the house anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts