BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am heading down to LBI(Beach Haven) tomorrow night and want to bring a bag of clams(100) little and top neck. Any recommendations of a seafood market on the island that is open?

THANKS

·
Registered
811 Posts
Tom - just before you go over the causeway, if you crossover 72 and go onto east bay ave theres a little shack called the clam lady. I would assume its open

Why not just get them from point lobster or the old co-op before heading down

·
Registered
25,683 Posts
I don't recall if they are open year round but we always got nice clams at the Boulevard of Clams--Surf City.

2006 Long Beach Blvd, Surf City, NJ 08008

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chris..........I could/should go to Point but figured there has to be a place on the way, also love checking out good fish markets. Would love to get out with you guys on a tuna trip this year on that sweet ride of yours.......keep me posted if you need crew. THANKS, Tom

Tom - just before you go over the causeway, if you crossover 72 and go onto east bay ave theres a little shack called the clam lady. I would assume its open

Why not just get them from point lobster or the old co-op before heading down

·
Registered
590 Posts
Guys I am heading down to LBI(Beach Haven) tomorrow night and want to bring a bag of clams(100) little and top neck. Any recommendations of a seafood market on the island that is open?

THANKS
If you are going past Waretown I would recommend Aherns. You can get to it from Route 72 on your way down. I just got 100 middle necks from them last Saturday. They were great!

Frank

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't think Ship Bottom Shellfish is open that would be first choice, off the island Allens I think is open.

THANKS

·
Registered
239 Posts

THANKS
BLACKIES.....Best around....just before the bridge on bay ave:wave:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ended up going to Blackies aka the clam lady, while not called that I found my self gravitating to call it that…given a lady sells you the clams.

Very cool experience and great clams, true seashore feeling. Price could not be beat, $45 for 150 little necks.

I could only imagine what that shack looked like during Sandy:eek:

Thanks again for all your replies, EXACTLY what I was looking for.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good to hear you gave blackies a shot, that place is great. I see the guy who works there on the water clamming from time to time, can't get any better clams come straight from the water to his little shack and he cuts out the middle man to save everyone a little money it seems.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Tom sounds like you found the place I was talking about. My grandfather lives on the island and swears by the "clam lady" It's not fancy, but the clams are always great. Clearly I was a little off on the real business name

1 - 14 of 14 Posts