BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man we have to deal with the idiot and ignorant fishermen all summer now there hanging around for the fall run bass. Will we ever get a reprive from these ignorant fishermen? I was all over the bass in the inlet when the sun rose and out comeith the weekend warriors. They just raced over my lines in front of my boat and I mean in front say 10-20' at full throttle. I thought maybe there was a fire out there somewheres. Well I'll try tomorrow early am and deal with it. I just wish they would go home.
Also you in the cat we shall speak one day, you will remember me. Maybe I can get all my lures back along with all my line from your props... You probably cost me close to 175$ or more in lures and line. I was the one in the aluminum boat you almost sunk...I have your boats name and will find you in a peaceful way. no fighting it isn't worth it..

[ 11-12-2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: striperaholic ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
I hear what your sayin I have never seen so many ignorant people, I guess I cant fish the weekend anymore, everytime something started to happen 20 boats full throttle chased them away, managed only 1 5# blue and two dogsharks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ah yes, the Jackasses come out on this one and all of a sudden it is someone from the Commonwelath of Pennsylvania that ran over striperaholics's lines. Can that be proved at this point? Is this even necessary? Why are we pointing fingers at guys/gals from PA? How about fisherpeople from New Jersey? Are we saying there are no "Weekend Warriors" who live in New Jersey? That is preposterous and an uneducated declaration. I have been fishing for 10 years on the Jersey shore and have made Avalon my weekend destination for over 30 years and am insulted by such a statement.

As for the incident mentioned above, we have had plenty of these and they don't only come from weekend warriors. Last summer, while fishing on the OC Reef with my 60+ year old father, we were swamped by a local OC sport fisher with a well-known name. Obviously a local. Most certainly did not have to come up the middle of the OC Reef, did he? And, last December, while a good 20+ miles off the coast fishing for Tog, along comes a head boat that anchored so damn close to us I could have asked for a hot cocoa and had one handed to me.

So, before these wild and baseless accusations get tossed around by folks who live in Jersey, better take a close look around and be more circumspect about statements without merit.

It is not a good idea to throw stones in glass houses.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never said shoobie or the like. I said ignorant as in all it relates too, local or whatever. So don't point to me on this. It's just the unwise fisherman usually doesn't come out in bad weather is all.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wasn't pointing to you - just ranting at the "PA " comment made in a subsequent post. That comment seemed very direct.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Maybe the locals own the waterways. If so, they should post it like landowners do and us Pa-"holes" can stay at home and not bother the "natives". I don't even have a boat and I was insulted by this thread.

·
Registered
31,448 Posts
10 years ago Nov and Dec were my favorite months. No more.

Today I was coming back in the inlet after a morning fishing at 7:30Am. 4 Morons were trolling thru Barnaget Inlet. Outgoing tide and full morning rush out the inlet yet these guys figure it's a good place to troll.

It has nothing to with any state boundries. It's the flounder fleet trying to fish for bass.

[ 11-12-2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Bob ECT ]

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Originally posted by Bob ECT:
It's the flounder fleet trying to fish for bass.

AMEN

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Originally posted by saltwaterassassin:
I Think the law should be like the dogs on the beach law but opposite, No PA people from Labor Day to Memorial Day Allowed!
No PA people? I live in N Delaware, am I also part of the problem? Has nothing to do with PA, or DE, I've seen plenty of ignorant NJ boaters too. Besides my family owns a place in OC so am I exempt from ignorant status? Unbelievable

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Saltwater ***........
New Member ?

Easy on PA comment. Alot of people from Pa own property in the NJ shore towns and pay alot of taxes. Probably more than you pay.

Sorry Barners

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Hey guys, let up on the outa staters. I've lived north, mid-Atlantic now, south and west in these United States, and Pa, Del and the rest are not the only places to find a$$holes. Jersey has its fair share. Gotta admit , most are transplants from Pa and Del though! :D :D

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
You should have seen the 2 A -Holes on jet skis
zipping back in forth in front of the jetty on IBSP today.
I don't think they were from PA either.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sadly, I'm sure this Meat head is not alone in his thinking.

Why are there so many arguments about spots anymore -Because people take ownership over the water they fish like its there god given right and shoobies stay home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by TipforTomorrow:
Ah yes, the Jackasses come out on this one and all of a sudden it is someone from the Commonwelath of Pennsylvania that ran over striperaholics's lines. Can that be proved at this point? Is this even necessary? Why are we pointing fingers at guys/gals from PA? How about fisherpeople from New Jersey? Are we saying there are no "Weekend Warriors" who live in New Jersey? That is preposterous and an uneducated declaration. I have been fishing for 10 years on the Jersey shore and have made Avalon my weekend destination for over 30 years and am insulted by such a statement.

As for the incident mentioned above, we have had plenty of these and they don't only come from weekend warriors. Last summer, while fishing on the OC Reef with my 60+ year old father, we were swamped by a local OC sport fisher with a well-known name. Obviously a local. Most certainly did not have to come up the middle of the OC Reef, did he? And, last December, while a good 20+ miles off the coast fishing for Tog, along comes a head boat that anchored so damn close to us I could have asked for a hot cocoa and had one handed to me.

So, before these wild and baseless accusations get tossed around by folks who live in Jersey, better take a close look around and be more circumspect about statements without merit.

It is not a good idea to throw stones in glass houses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You should have asked for a glass of chardonnay and some gray poupon, mr. entrepreneur. I've got a tip for tomorrow....You'll be in Royersford and I'll be hooked up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts