BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, Loosedrag and JPHooks fluked yesterday out of SRI...

We headed north out of the inlet to a few areas to hit the flatties. We've been Fluke fishing in between stripers but this was the first true effort this year at the flatties.

First drift, First Fish, First keeper of the day...

JP with a 7 pounder, Which took a chartruse spro jig with a gulp shrimp and maybe a strip bait but I don't remember.

Looserag continued to hit the same drift for the next many drifts with fish and keepers on every drift.

The gulp 4 inch swim minnows in chartruse tied above the bucktail from a cut dropper on a 3/0 octupus did a number on the fish yesterday and last week. I ended up with a fish just over 6 pounds that took that gulp and it's the second fish of the year over 6 pounds on the same swim minnow.

Well we had a good day with many many fluke caught... 75 + I would say for the day. 50 feet of water was the hot dept for us. and the bait of choice was bucktails and gulp in many styles and flavors.
When we got back and I opened up the fish box to count the total number of keepers, we were pleasantly surprised. We were guessing about 10 to 12.

Loosedrag's son and daughter... Nick and Julia.
They can't keep their hands off the fish!

It was a fun relaxing day as we wern't in "Striper Mode" for once this Spring.

We did fill the livewell with bunker but that's another story:eek: :D

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Nice fish!!!! Where is SRI ???

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Way To Go Guys,, Thanks For The Report And Pictures...

Skmag357 SRI = Shark River Inlet

·
Registered
789 Posts
Nice fish TSS. We were in the same general area on the 14th. Quite a few pods of bunker, but we did not find any bass/blues harrassing the pods. My crew picked thru 25 or 30 fluke in about 2 hours, but just 2 keepers. We stayed a bit closer to the beach in 30-35 feet of water. Next time we'll look a little deeper!!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey tim great pics! Another great trip with good freinds. Funny we didnt see indepth out there:cool: :D

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Ha !!!! I was out there a little bit south of you .

Here's a funny story .
I was out with my bro on his boat , same as your old one. Wellcraft . While heading home a 1/2 mi from the inlet i spot your maycraft.

I told my bro the story and he just shook his head . This time i said to myself don't deny it , you know it's him ! So i have my brother chase you down in hopes of telling you , why don't you sell the boat and just come with me all the time . I mean it's not like i have any secret spots or anything LMAO

We caught up and i saw it wasn't you. damb it! The one time i decide to come over and say hi and it was some fat bald dude wearing a sun visor like you do . It was a dead ringer for your boat .

Ya see , thats what i get . Next time you can come over to me LOL .
Theres only one other boat in NJ that matches mine so i think you'll be safe thinking it's me .

·
Registered
897 Posts
Great report and pics.Nice to see good fish with the beach in the backround.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
what no stripers? waste of gas and trip:D ,but for real nice job guys i should of went.i think i'll get my fluke gear out now "in late july" and put the striper gear away till oct.;) on another note mike them kids are getting big.nice to see them holding those fish,great pics.,matt

·
Registered
540 Posts
It was definately a great day on the water; as Tim said, up until we got the bunker, but that's a story in it's self!!!;) Perfect day of fishing with a great group of friends!!!!! Thanks again Loose, BTW, that boat is Swwweeeeettttt

Sheet, it was awesome to be back out enjoying a beautiful day!!:D ;)

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Hey Guys Nice Fish-tss Have Chris Give Me A Call At 267-825-4272 So We Can Head Out Soon For Some Fishing.chet

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
TSStriper said:
That visor protects his no neck:p :D

Yea i know . That guy on saturday had no neck just like Mike !
I'm realy starting to have a MayCraft complex, every time i see one now, it's like , Oh No ! Not again.

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In Depth said:
Yea i know . That guy on saturday had no neck just like Mike !
I'm realy starting to have a MayCraft complex, every time i see one now, it's like , Oh No ! Not again.
:D :D

It has been funny this Spring. I guess we just hit the right spots!
When he told me that he pulled up on you in the cape may area I almost shat myself:) :cool:

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
At this point , i think that if i went to Alaska tommorow and was fishing a remote river he would just show up and wave as he went by ...... :D :D :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
I assume SRI is an inlet - Is that in South Jersey?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts