BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a stab in the dark here. Anyone happen to find a clear plastic flat storage box containing a variety of topwaters including about 10 poppers, a couple frogs, a Heddon spook jr., a weedless plastic minnow, etc. I think I may have left it at Newton Friday morning, but I'm not 100% sure. I might have left it at another part of Newton later that evening....or maybe Cooper. I'm an idiot.

If anyone finds it, I'd greatly appreciate it; plus, I'd be happy to reward the finder.

Thanks!! Steve

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Ahh man, I hope you find that or someone gets it to ya, thats ashame :(

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
leave a note at the local tackle shops, pretty good chance that a guy out bass fishing this time of year is a true sportsmen and would try to return it if possible

Good luck

RyanF

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i really hope you find your stuff. i had a black danny fall out of my bag one night last summer and still miss that thing. can't imagine losing a lot of plugs like that.

·
Registered
527 Posts
feel for ya. I had a plano flipsider box stolen from me about this time last year. That thing was filled. must have had 300.00 worth of tackle in there. Right out the back of the truck. I wont make that mistake again

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't really blame anyone but myself. I should have been more careful. Fortunately, there couldn't have been more than $30 or so of lures. I've already replaced a good deal of the tackle via Dick's, Walmart, and ebay.

·
Registered
399 Posts
i know its an after thought but you could put your cantact info in all your boxes. i started doin gthis a few years a go cause of how often i was losing my boxesfrom leavign them lying around. and since ive labeled them i havent lost a single one
good luck in the safe return of your babies....

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to night school the first time since 3/21 due to spring break. The day school teacher had her draw slightly open. From the corner of my eye I saw a plastic storage container. I thought to myself, "That would make a good lure box." I removed the box from from the drawer with the intent of removing the contents and replacing it with my lures when I got home. As I was opening the box, I realized the contents were not school supplies, but my missing topwater lures!! I spent all that time backtracking all my fishing holes and never thought about looking at work. Weird, huh? Now what do I do with all those new topwaters lures I bought to replace the lost ones??

·
Registered
527 Posts
stevetheteacher said:
Went to night school the first time since 3/21 due to spring break. The day school teacher had her draw slightly open. From the corner of my eye I saw a plastic storage container. I thought to myself, "That would make a good lure box." I removed the box from from the drawer with the intent of removing the contents and replacing it with my lures when I got home. As I was opening the box, I realized the contents were not school supplies, but my missing topwater lures!! I spent all that time backtracking all my fishing holes and never thought about looking at work. Weird, huh? Now what do I do with all those new topwaters lures I bought to replace the lost ones??
sell em to me. Really you should hold onto them cause your going to have to buy them again but if you want rid of them letme know what you got

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Nice plan Teach, pretend to loose all you top-water lures, get Momz approval to replace them, than find them where no-body thought to look, you cunning son- of- a- gun, you!!!;)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why did I bring lures to school? Good question. At night school there's a lot of down time because the kids work independently. I had purchased some new lures earlier that day and took advantage of the free time as an opportunity to properly organize them. This is not a normal activity for me, and, no, I don't bring rods in either. LOL!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts