BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well blinking f'ing cheap rod holders. Lost a 10 Tica Surf rod with Shimanno 6500 live liner to a big striper over the weekend. It was near where Johnny D lost his Cape Fear. If anybody finds it, it's yours. Salvage rigths, finders' keepers' or whatever, my fault for trusting that set up.
Here I was, sitting in the observation chair, minding my own business

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's what was left ....

Actually the fish ripped the rod out from right in front of me, 15 seconds after setting the bait. As I tended to the rod on the rod on the left, a striper slammed the rod directly in front of my face and stole it completely in 1/10 of a second. All I could do was watch, as I was holding the other rod. It moved so fast there was nothing I could do, much less dive for it.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And I HAD been thinking about buying another Tica rod and 6500 shimanno, so I would have 3 set-ups. Than I realized I needed to buy another just to have 2 :D :D :D As I was saying, bleeping cheap rod holders. Whether I like them or not, I might have to upgrade all of them to Lee's.

Also got me thinking about how much I wanted to spend on boat tackle,if i'm constantly losing,breaking, abusing them to go striper fishing. I guess the rod holders were never designed to hold a 10 foot pole under stress!

I could zip tie, hose clamp, and or duck tape the other 3 on. ;)

[ 06-26-2005, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Re-Bait ]

·
Banned
1,057 Posts
Originally posted by KeysKid:
That sucks, Whats up with a 10 footer in the boat?!?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by singlescrew:
He had his hand on something and I bet it wasn't the rod !
Mike did I ever tell you what I was doing when I caught my 1st 30lber? You know me whatever it takes, I'll probably do it. And I tend to be very superstitious :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's a '78 Pacemaker Wahoo. Furtherest south we ever gone is the 19 lump, maybe we saw each other there.

And for all you lurkers out there, I just got the word that AOK Browne bumped me today with a 48 pounder. Must be nice to be able to drop the tool belt, walk off the job site, and go fishing ON A WEEK DAY ;)

·
Banned
1,617 Posts
Yes, thats the boat. I was actually on your boat with the other Dave. I thought we were at at the hot dog. We went for tuna a few years (3-4) back. It was my first time on a Wahoo. I still want one!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.