BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my favorite rod overboard sunday in the rips around the north shoal area. I know its pretty hopeless but if anyone happens to snag and return it a reward will follow. It's a custom graphite blank with radial wrap eyelits and a penn 965. It has my name (Jimmer) along with Rodworks by Will Parrnam engraved just above the fore grip. Thanks For Any Info!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Jimmer-Yesterday one of my charter people threw my rod overboard in the act of casting, brand new Penn 5500 spinner with new fiberglass rod. After telling what it would cost to replace, I grabbed another rod and fired out a bucktail. Snagged the line in 55 feet of water, because his bail was open, had to handline the entire spool before the rod/reel came up. Best catch of the day, someone up there was grinning on me! Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Capt Rich you must have some serious good luck! I've heard of people snaggin other people's lines just by chance long after the rod was lost but you actually purposefully cast a line in the water and brought it up!

Next time I need lottery tickets for powerball I'll send you some cash and have you buy them for me! :D

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Jackman, your right about the serious good luck, what are the chances of snagging the the rod after it goes to the bottom.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Funny Jimmer- I really don't understand how you can loose a rod while striper fishing. LOL

I especially cannot relate to getting the rod back either! ;)

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
My buddy lost a brand new pennss 4500 and rod last week in the rips, he makes his own poles so they fit the rod holders on his boat, it was to short for my boat and a wave blew it right out of the rod holder. ##it happens. We were fishing in the dbay years ago and had a conventional rod pulled overboard, on the next drift we snagged a rod that looked just like it but was not the same rod. It was actually a much better outfit, it's amazeing the stories you can tell if you spend enough time out there.

·
Banned
1,617 Posts
Took my son Michael(6 yrs old) on the Doris Mae in July with a nice conventional setup. Diawa rod/reel for a little guy. He did great on the fluke but he was switching hands and a fish hit and the rod/reel went with the hit. He looked up at me and the look on his face was proof that he was going through a young fishermans hell.He did not deserve a ration of crapp from me.
I bought him another combo and his exact words to me were
"Dad, when my son drops a rod I wont yell at him either"
Damn, I love fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
just imagine how many outfits are laying on the bottom all over after hearing all these stories.
I thought that my crew was the only boat having such good luck with fishing equipment going overboard...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dad lost a gift I had just given him, a new Shimano Compre with an Avet SX, in 58' of water when we were livelining for stripers in Newport, RI. Gave the numbers to my buddy who dove to retrieve it. Lucky enough, 10' east of the numbers was the set-up.

·
Registered
557 Posts
YEP HEARD IT ALL I LOST A ROD 7 1/2 FT SPIN WITH A PENN 710 REEL WAY BACK IN 69 MYSTIC ISLANDS FISHING FOR STRIPERS. MY DAD SAID GRAP ANOTHER ROD . IT WAS BRAND NEW FIRST TIME IT WAS USED. HAD A HORNET STING MY HAND,WHEN WENT

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also made a lucky retrieve while fishing under the Chesapeake bay bridge a few years ago. My friend made a cast that caught the last eye on My rod and proceeded to yank it out of My hands and straight to the fishes. :rolleyes: I quickly grabbed the rod out of his hands, made a cast, and luckily snagged the rod on the way down in 20 to 30 feet of water! ;)

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
I was fishing the miss fortescue last year when at the dock while unloading I lost my custom graphite rod with Abu pro series reel.
The mates tried for an hour to cast a treble hook to retrive it with no luck. The next week I returned for a trip and they presented my rod and reel back to me. One of them went home got thier father's scuba gear and retrived my rig, they even cleaned and oiled it.
A nice tip followed.
:)
Joe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Jimmer, hang in there for that lost rod. Last year I had a striper pull one of my rods overboard and forty minutes later a boat in my same drift screamed over that they saw the rod bobbing in the water. He picked up the rod and the darn fish was still on the other end. Say a prayer to the fishing rod saint and good luck someone honest enough gets it back to you.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Loanfish you are a good Dad. Because of you your boy will also grow up to be a good Dad. Kudos to you!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts