BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in kayak fishing the Tangier Sound? I have been fishing solo, around Deal Island, and figured I?d throw it on the forum. I know there are other boards, but wanted to put it out there.

·
Registered
32,370 Posts
My in-laws used to live in Dames Quarter and I fished that area all the time. I haven't been back since 2004. We used to slay the croaker rockfish in the spring and the variety in the summer was awesome. Some day I have to get back down there.

How's the fishing now? Are the croakers still thick in April and May?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice- we are in Chance, the place between Dames Quarter & the Deal Island Bridge. The fishing has been amazing- rock & spec, but the croakers were small. Apparently, I should have been happy they showed up at all, I hope the croakers are making a comeback. It is pretty amazing down here.

·
Registered
32,370 Posts
I know Chance very well. We used to go to that mini market all the time. And my in-laws kept their sailboat at the marina under the bridge. We also used to go out with a charter called Stepping Stone (Dave Stone) and he kept his boat in Wenona. I remember getting live soft-shell crabs in Wenona for $8 a dozen. Couldn't beat that price.

Is White's store still there on Deal Island Road? We used to get blood worms there on the way to the house. They also had a nice crab spice there. It was about halfway between Princess Anne and Chance, on the left if you were heading towards Deal Island.

The in-laws' house was on Long Point Road. There house was on the water, in front of Blue Heron Seafood.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know your spots! I know Long Point- we are down Haines Point Rd. White's is closed and Lucky's (the mini market) has odds & ends... we head to that marina in Wenona for beers- it is quite the scene. Anyway- hit me up if want to catch some rock and relive old times!

·
Registered
32,370 Posts
There used to be a little general store right next to Longpoint Road. It closed years ago. They didn't have much, but you could get a coffee, some bait and shoot the breeze. Another thing that we liked to do is go crabbing in the inpoundment on the other side of the road. The WMA. Forget the name, but we caught the crabs like crazy back there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There used to be a little general store right next to Longpoint Road. It closed years ago. They didn't have much, but you could get a coffee, some bait and shoot the breeze. Another thing that we liked to do is go crabbing in the inpoundment on the other side of the road. The WMA. Forget the name, but we caught the crabs like crazy back there.
That is probably down Riley Roberts Rd. Crabs were thick this year. Do any duck hunting down here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.