BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody familiar with running Nema networking through Lowrance ? I'm adding Sonichub and I know I need the starter kit . Do I need anything else? I'm also going to connect the etec , I assume the Lowrance to evinrude adapter will work for that? Am I on the right page here? Also does anyone know a way to add a second display unit cheaply? I can't swinG another expensive hds unit?

And finally any sponsors here can hook me up?

Thanks guys:fighting:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've done the NMEA 2000 network installation and ETEC 150 interface on my HDS-10. Pretty simple once you run the cable from the motor to your network hub. You just need the starter kit plus the engine interface module. Probably need a second network "T" fitting to add sonic hub, but maybe an extra T comes with the sonic hub package.

You can get a lot of good information on networking including diagrams at http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=13.

Let me know if you have any specific questions when you get started.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
capt bob thats what i was thinking. im gonna run the starter kit than connect to the hds and sonic hub than ruun the etec interface. how hard was running the interface cable for the etec? i heard fitting the connector through the tubing can be a pain?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I guess it depends on how you're set up, but you definitely want to start under engine cover and pull the network cable through the motor grommet and then towards your console, as the connector that goes on the engine is the largest of the two. The network connector fitting is smaller than a transducer connector, so if you have pulled one of them before, it shouldn't be too bad.

On the engine, the connector goes into the wiring harness when a receptacle is already provied (once you remove the dummy plug that Evinrude put there so it wouldn't get corroded). The connector is on the starboard side up near the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts