BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dicks has a Lowrance Elite 4x on sale for $99.98. $70 off. Would this be good for a kayak? Would be for freshwater lakes etc.

Registered
I had an elite 4 DSI on my Outback. Worked great. I used the ram flex neck and yak attack track to mount the transducer.

Banned
Those small lowrance units are very nice. Be aware the chip slot on the side is NOT waterproof. I used silicone tape to wrap around the outer perimeter of the unit and then 3m 33 rubber black tape on top of that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I don't see a chip slot but the tmp2 plug on the back separate from the power/transducer plug. I guess I'll have to cover that. Gonna use the ram mount and go with the duct seal method for the transducer. Is duct seal the stuff they call monkey poop? Gonna look at Home Depot for a battery. I've read a lot of posts on this. It looks like a 12v 5-7 amp battery is good. What is the best way to mount the battery? Again thanks for the help.

Registered
Battery mounting will vary. Really depends on your yak. Some guys make a box using Tupperware or pelican cases, some use a dry bag. Pick up a deer feeder battery while you are at Dicks getting the Fishfinder. Should set you back around $30.

Registered
Hey guys i was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the Elite-4 finder/plotter and the Elite-4 DSI finder and plotter. Does the DSI make a big difference in your opinion? What is the difference between the different transducers? Im getting a 2014 revo and want to add a decent finder around $300. They both have an IPX7 waterproof rating. I would mostly be fishing the back bays but would also like to spend some time out front. I may spend some time in freshwater lakes as well. Do i need different transducers for salt and fresh water? i am new to the world of fish finders so any advice would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts