BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone ever fishes the shallow areas of ludlam bay in sea isle, or the channels that connect to the bay from corsons inlet. I only crab and flounder fish back there and always surf fished for striper because I found it easier. Just wondering if they are caught back there. Don't need any specific location, just wondering if drifting for them or chunking for them is the best. Thanks for help guys and good luck this season.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Just wondering if anyone ever fishes the shallow areas of ludlam bay in sea isle, or the channels that connect to the bay from corsons inlet. I only crab and flounder fish back there and always surf fished for striper because I found it easier. Just wondering if they are caught back there. Don't need any specific location, just wondering if drifting for them or chunking for them is the best. Thanks for help guys and good luck this season.
It's a good sound to fish certainly not one of the best but there's good plug fishing etc in that general area.

·
Registered
33 Posts

In short... Yes. I have done well there over the years. The best advice I can give is get out and look. There are a lot of shallow "Creeks" that hold bait during high tide but drain almost completely during the outgoing tide. These are good starting places. Good luck, Maybe i'll run in to you this yr.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you for the advice guys, excited to get out there now and wet the lines! And yes we may run into each other, it's the only place I like to fish.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
same spots you find your flounder youll find your striper in that area. Plastics on light jigheads work best in the deeper stuff and surface plugs on the shallows.

·
Registered
289 Posts
bdubbs, what are your go to surface plugs for shallow water? I've never used plugs only bucktails and light jigheads you mentioned... just looking for an idea so I have a good start to trying plugs.

Thanksman!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
bdubbs, what are your go to surface plugs for shallow water? I've never used plugs only bucktails and light jigheads you mentioned... just looking for an idea so I have a good start to trying plugs.

Thanksman!
Walking plugs like Heddon super spooks, rapala skitterwalks, and subsurface lures sebile Magic swimmers, mirrorlure catch 2000s' just to new a few

Here's a showcase of these lures and how they perform on striped bass...

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's awesome. Thanks a lot Insomniac I'm going to watch that a bunch of times when I get home. My plan for this year is to spend more time around sod banks and creeks rather than bridges and docks like I did last year. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts