BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today at 6AM expecing only a few for opening day. Make the turn onto the ICW and i swear ALL of Pennsylvania was there. It was ridiculous, you could of walked across Ludlam's today. BEWARE: the shoobs are here. And BTW, I caught nothing!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
My buddy is one of the locals out there today, he said the blues were thick but the fluke bite was not so good.we'll be out there on monday, hopefully the wind will die down and the warmer water get things going.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I'M AMAZED AT HOW SMART I'VE BECOME ,I STAYED AT THE DOCK,fish will be there Monday

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
I fished Sea Isle on Saturday and Sunday. I fished off my dock on Saturday at 55st. Alot of boats but I only saw one short fluke and alot of blues. I caught the blues. Sunday me and Sanabelfisher took out his Triton,fished a wreck caught tog and skates then hit TI and caught the blues and a short fluke. I give it a week or two.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Esox1 forgot the most important part part of the day - Wreck fishing 101 lesson - do not anchor directly on the wreck - anchor ahead of it and drift over it.

We did get the anchor back but it did not look the same as it did when we threw it into the water. Lesson learned and will be remembered for next trip.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ramblin, If all the flatties are at the south end of ludlum then how come we went to the north end (lol). Well the bluefish were good fun and being on the ramblin was way drier than on the "Soaker" ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gabtrid, of course I would have to take a SIC guy to the north end, proves my theory too doesn't it? If the steel market stays this way through the summer, I could have as much time as a state worker to fish. We'll get some fishin in this year, you may have to buy the gas tho!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Ok esox . the only time I anchored into a wreak w/o a wreak anchor is with a dive trip. Usually the last diver up dislodges it and rides it up to the surfase

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.