BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Swimbaits (just got a new 6" Castaic FS for deeper water), already got 8 more different ones this winter. Also Im looking forward to trying the Rage Baby Craw, Craw for smallies in the Susky and creeks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The second one is the Huddleston Weedless Minnow. It's got an internal weight and internal hook. The head of the bait compresses upon the strike to expose a 5/0 EWG. It's about 3.5 inches long and very soft to the touch. The tail action is subtle. I plan on fishing this on my superfluke rod.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Swimbaits (just got a new 6" Castaic FS for deeper water), already got 8 more different ones this winter. Also Im looking forward to trying the Rage Baby Craw, Craw for smallies in the Susky and creeks.
what combo do you throw your swimbaits on.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My lighter swimbaits 3/4oz and under and thrown on a medium heavy spinning rod.

My hard swimbaits and thrown on a 7'11" MH Powell Swimbait Rod with a Shimano Cardiff 400A.
how do you like that rod cause i was thinking about getting it and matching it with a curado.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I will be making it a point to throw my swimbaits more often. I will also be flippin a big ol 1oz black/blue football jig into some nasty stuff. For the swimbait and big jigs I will be using my 6'6" MH Shimano Clarus paired with whichever reel I feel like using that day.

I also plan to use some plastic worms/eels/lizards that will be made by yours truly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I will be making it a point to throw my swimbaits more often. I will also be flippin a big ol 1oz black/blue football jig into some nasty stuff. For the swimbait and big jigs I will be using my 6'6" MH Shimano Clarus paired with whichever reel I feel like using that day.

I also plan to use some plastic worms/eels/lizards that will be made by yours truly. :thumbsup:
Football Jigs aren't meant for flipping. Go get the Hack Attack! Pointy nose slides through cover better.

Your Clarus is severely underpowered for real flipping/swimbaiting. Don't break it. You don't hammer a nail with a pair of pliers and you don't cut a board with a wrench.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
how do you like that rod cause i was thinking about getting it and matching it with a curado.
I really like it, its a really powerful rod, but isnt heavy. I like the extra length with it too because of the longer casts with the bigger baits, it makes it a lot easier to bury the hooks with the longer rod. I plan to get a better reel for it this year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.