BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful blue and gold macaw, about 3 yrs old, live around 90 human yrs. Large white domed cage, was around 5500-6000 dollars, having a little one and i d
ont have the time for her, want her to go to a good home. 1500 firm

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Do you have any pics of the bird & cage? Does it talk? Does it pluck it's feathers at all? Is it at all shy or agressive? Healthy?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
San-Man....Beautiful macaw, no plucking feathers, she does talk, says wanna cracker, meows like a cat, says bad bird, bye bye, hello and some others, she is very young so could be taught anything, not shy, but she needs to be around people, i pet her a little, havent taken out of cage, she is a good bird, I live right in swedesboro off exit 10 if you would like to see her, the lady that gave her to me said she paid 3000-3500 for the cage, bird around 2000. So she needs a good home, 1500 firm is more than fair for everything, thanks

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Some birds will stop learning more words once separated from the original owner. This moving can also stop them from talking at all. This can also cause them to scream loudly. Moving from one owner to another can cause the plucking. This is due to bad nerves. In this case add some sugar to the drinking water, add pepper corns and dried hot peppers to it's diet. Do this diet for a month, then complete plucking and BBQ. You have now done this bird a big favor. Keeping birds caged is cruel, they are created to fly. What a society, what we won't do to the creatures of the earth, just to be able to look at it's beauty. Just to find out they are work to keep, then we get rid of them. Not caring what we do to their mental and physical well being. Release that bird into the wild or serve it up with a nice white wine. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ding, You seem to think you know alot about birds, but watching a quick pet show, you are now an authority, the bird was given to me, i felt bad the lady wasn't paying attention to the bird, I will only let her go to a good home and usually if it is a loving home after a few weeks they def. will adjust. I marvel at some people on here, always wanting to be a little smart arse. Grow up ding, I am having a little one and i just want somebody who will care for her. So in the future try to be understanding, if you dont have something nice to say, I know it may be hard for you Ding, but try to keep the flapper shut.....HAPPY DAYS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Ding, You seem to think you know alot about birds, but watching a quick pet show, you are now an authority, the bird was given to me, i felt bad the lady wasn't paying attention to the bird, I will only let her go to a good home and usually if it is a loving home after a few weeks they def. will adjust. I marvel at some people on here, always wanting to be a little smart arse. Grow up ding, I am having a little one and i just want somebody who will care for her. So in the future try to be understanding, if you dont have something nice to say, I know it may be hard for you Ding, but try to keep the flapper shut.....HAPPY DAYS

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Bump
Good luck selling the Macaw,a friend of mine has several and they are great birds.
Ding way to go helping out a fellow barner with a sale,I don`t see anyone doing that to you when you are selling things :mad:

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
My wife had 50 birds at one point. I made her get rid of them all. They are neat to look at and listen to. Then I started feeling sorry for them. I didn't mean to upset your sale. Just telling it as it is. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Keeping birds caged is cruel, they are created to fly.
My wife had 50 birds at one point.
In cages I presume?? Man you speak with forked tongue, Dink! :rolleyes:

Good luck, Slicer!

[ 10-08-2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: phillyfisherman ]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think I have to pass on the macaw, even though it is a good deal...probably be a bit much for my first bird...thanks anyway...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts