BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mack Track Time?

It's why I first came to the barn! Any word on the mackeral run? I have a short window the last weekend of the month, I hope it coincides!

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
sir reel,

we gave that up a few years back, boats are not even scheduled up for it now. Man have things changed, it sucks there are no Mackerel to catch any more.

I am sure if something shows up, we'll read about it here first

After a week or so, if we have sunny days, I would start thinking about them in earnest. We need a just a fews sunny days, and maybe soemthing shows up.

This is an unscientific - wild guess, but I have seen a sign of little Boston Mackerel in local waters both Tuna Fishing ( inshore - 20 ftms) and deepwater Fluke. ( oldgrounds & #11) I was able to jig some out of passing schools and use for live bait.

When I see bait schools on my depth finder, I send various bait catching jigs down on premarked line to see what is there

If Mackerel showed up all of of sudden, it would not surprise me.

I have seen a lot of bait coming along here the last few years and I am optimistic we are going to see Squid, Sardines, Butterfish and hopefully our beloved Boston Mackerel make a return.
Captn Joe

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the reply I have been Jonesen for the mack run for a couple years now. If I here anything I will be posting.

·
Registered
15,264 Posts
Bounce this to the top lets see about getting this going

·
Registered
37 Posts
how come the fisheries managers are not upset that we have no mackeral or DE. Bay weakfish to fish for, but are having a fit over flounder?

·
Registered
25,297 Posts
Bump--I remember reading this thread when I lurked.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts