BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Very nice. We went out of BI last Wednesdy for some Cod, Tog and Ling. We went about 30 miles out. At our first stop we had some dolphins aroung the boat for a while. I am no use to seeing them in February off of LBI.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice. We went out of BI last Wednesdy for some Cod, Tog and Ling. We went about 30 miles out. At our first stop we had some dolphins aroung the boat for a while. I am no use to seeing them in February off of LBI.
Yea the last time I went I had same thing with dolphin weird I was out around the ridge. Also had some kind of bait fish looked like rain falling not sure what they were. I think I see your boat on a lift when I use the public ramp in town nice ride if thats it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The Mackeral aren't early, they are from the winter mackeral run which has been very reliable over the past several years. Last year I was speaking with the Captain of one of the Belmar boats who sails for Mackeral during the winter and he stated they stopped sailing in the spring for Mackeral. The spring run has been so non-existant they will not do any search trips, if they get reports from the commercial boats of big mack numbers within range, they will consider running in the spring.

Winter Mackeral fishing has been great again this year!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.