BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Reports that the boats have been posted stated they were fishing 20-25 miles ENE of Shark River. The reports stated that they will be trying some new grounds this weekend though.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Good mackerel fishing on a party boat out of Sheepshead Bay, NY

IT WAS LOCK AND LOAD MACKEREL FISHING JUST LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!ALL MED-JUMBO MACKS TODAY HALF TO FULL COOLERS WERE THE NORM WITH SOME HAVING MORE OUR LAST DRIFT LASTED OVER 1 1/2 HRS!!!

-------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow what way are they going north or south? I know they move from south to north in spring. What way they going now? or are they spread out all over?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took a ride out today went 10 off BI found nothing. Felt a little alone out there just a cutter and me:D

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
BAHAHAHAHAAHA

you went ten miles out in cold water in Jan, and the boys are talking how scary it is to go 80 miles in 70 degree water in July.

OMFG that is funny!!!

Good try though. I remember one spring we went an insane distance - over 40 miles, flat calm. Zip. Two days later we were inside the bell buoy (manasquan)- sometimes 1/2 mile off the beach, bailign them.

It lasted a couple days only though.

In reality though, haivng tried it, it really sucks to try to use Jan macks as bait. They dont keep that well. I could see using April MAcks but thats about it

fun to catch tho...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BAHAHAHAHAAHA

you went ten miles out in cold water in Jan, and the boys are talking how scary it is to go 80 miles in 70 degree water in July.

OMFG that is funny!!!

Good try though. I remember one spring we went an insane distance - over 40 miles, flat calm. Zip. Two days later we were inside the bell buoy (manasquan)- sometimes 1/2 mile off the beach, bailign them.

It lasted a couple days only though.

In reality though, haivng tried it, it really sucks to try to use Jan macks as bait. They dont keep that well. I could see using April MAcks but thats about it

fun to catch tho...
Yea that would be nice but I have not seen April Macks in years. I was going to go to Barn Ridge but it got a little bumpy for my tiny boat:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts