BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So fluke season is coming and the blues are in the area. I know alot of people are gonna be using mackerel strips soon, so I wanted to pass on something to you guys that may help you out.

The other day I was working with some bleach and had that stink on my hands. I was trying to find something to get it off when I remembered what I accidentally found out gets the mackerel smell off of my hands.

My wife had some St Ives brand apricot scrub. That stuff works really well at getting the smell to go away. I wanted to pass that along because I know I hate that smell and figured alot of you guys do too.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Originally posted by barrell:
try toothpaste for any odor.
Barrell
That is the ticket.
I wouldn't use that other stuff.I was already 26% without doing that. :D

[ 04-26-2006, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: B4LORAN ]

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I used to by this stuff called non scents. It was great. wash your hands with it and it would take fish,gas,diesel,onion, and smell. Gone it was like magic. I cant find it anymore. Anybody have a line on any?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Another great trick:
Liquid fabric softner
Rub a little bit, (quarter capful or so) onto your hands, let it sit for a few seconds and rinse off..."Fish B Gone"...Learned that one working the boats in the Keys.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I don't know what soap the have at the Wawa's but it usually cleans the smell off my hands after a day of fishing.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Any lemon dishsoap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts