BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Unless it's a one way trip it doesn't seem cost effective. I would think shipping a two piece or just buying something there and shipping home might be a better option. Or buy something now from a Barn sponsor like Tackle Direct and have them ship it to Fla. We all have favorite rods but I wouldn't ship my favorite and risk damage or loss.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Unless it's a one way trip it doesn't seem cost effective. I would think shipping a two piece or just buying something there and shipping home might be a better option. Or buy something now from a Barn sponsor like Tackle Direct and have them ship it to Fla. We all have favorite rods but I wouldn't ship my favorite and risk damage or loss.
I agree , buy something there.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I bought a rod from Bass pro shop while on vacation in florida a couple of years ago.A lot easier than shipping or carrying on a plane.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ship it

Ship it in pvc pipe and you will be fine.
shipped many of the customs and other rods i,v sold that way.
if its a less expensive rod.:eek: mite be nice to pick a new one down there. could add a little move fun to your trip.:D
ether way tour going to be sending something.
i wrap the guides up i toilet paper as a buffer
and use news paper on the first 6in. of the rod to keep it centered.

have fun and catchem up.:)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Depending on where you're gonna be in florida I have an 11 foot surf rod down here that i NEVER use..... bring a reel and pick it up from me and you can use it all you want and return it to me when you're done!! :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All good ideas! The rod is from wal- mart 15 year's old-hate to throw it away. I should buy a cheap w-m. Again but i won't

thank's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts