BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yall have seen all the smack yack go back and forth between me and others on here when it comes to mako tournies. Got a habit of doing pretty much ok in them... Basically booked as far as the crystal ball can see in em.

Not going to make any promises or say that anything is for sure but I got a call from the boats owner that one of our crew may not be able to make Ocean City's Mako Mania or South Jersey Shark. That would leave a seat open for each. Again not sure just yet... No doubt that it would fill in a heartbeat if it does open up. Not looking for just anybody. Want the right guy. If interested, drop me an email at [email protected] .

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
TRAVELER SPORTFISHING said:
your your hero
Maybe... but as long as I keep slappin slobs on the dock and if being confident about doing well in an event is my biggest vice, I won't worry too much about it... Not so sure I'd want to fish a tournament with anyone who doesn't believe in themselves or that they stand a real good shot at winning.
Made my self available last year for free lance on other peoples boats and booked out not only last season but this one too. Even sold out two seminars. Taught a lot of people but still a lot of people I couldn't get to help out and this could get a couple of em in...;)

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
deep defiance said:
Ok.Now Back To The Fish Abuse.....:D :rolleyes:
Thank you for clearing that up...:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
what happens to all that meat??

hey i have a quick question to ask. its one thats been bothering me. when you guys catch all those sharks and win these tourneys what do you guys do with the sharks???

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only target makos and when we deck the right one... It is eaten. Probably my favorite food fish of all time. I do em kabob style served on a bed of rice and smothered in bernaise sauce...:D

Dog gone it... Now I wnet and made me hungry...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
490 Posts
merf said:
hey i have a quick question to ask. its one thats been bothering me. when you guys catch all those sharks and win these tourneys what do you guys do with the sharks???
Alot of it goes in the dumpster sadly enough!

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mako is food of the gods... Like mine as described above. Mate has em as Mako McNuggets... I better never see anyone thowing away a mako. For that matter a thresher... I don't blue shark fish or for tigers or duskies.but if I do get one it gets let go...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
compleat

what about a money tiger

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big money is on the mako... Only allowed to keep one fish so chances are that I would hold out for the pig mako. Only one "shark" tournament I fish is South Jersey. Again the real wampum rides on the mako. All others are mako strictly. We let go the biggest thresher I ever saw a few years back at mako mania. Easy six hundred mabe more. Did it with less than two hours left. Boss was not pleased .... Until that mako showed up a half hour later and we cashed a fat check that year for second...
The way I have my spread set usually we don't see any tigers...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
South Jersey

Not a quality tournament? Mako category not mako only.

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sj Is a pretty good event... They do allow other species though. The reason behind that is that not as many people know how to target mako as to go out and just plain shark fish.
That being said their big money still rides on the mako. Special pot just for them is the biggie. They do pay out for largest "shark" and seperate for largest mako and a couple other things in there... It kinda sucks seeing all those blue sharks head for the trash can each year though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts