BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the kids out last night around 6 and fished a couple hours, Caught 5 pikes and one bass at the old girl scout camp, that is what we always called it. Man I have been fishing that lake for over 30 yrs and how things have changed. I remember catching 2lb sunnys in that lake all day and huge yellow perch and bass out the a$$. seems know you have to fight for just a hit.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Their still there, I've been fishing that lake for about 35 years and always enjoyed it. It does hold some big a$$ sunnys. I caught 1 of my biggest bass in that lake out in front of the little island on the north side of the lake. I can remember rowing across the lake on Sat. evenings when Bullwinkles used to have the live bands outside by the water. We used to anchor up right off the edge of the club with a case of beer rockin & rollin and catfishin all night. What a great time we had on that lake.:D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bullseye11f150 said:
Their still there, I've been fishing that lake for about 35 years and always enjoyed it. It does hold some big a$$ sunnys. I caught 1 of my biggest bass in that lake out in front of the little island on the north side of the lake. I can remember rowing across the lake on Sat. evenings when Bullwinkles used to have the live bands outside by the water. We used to anchor up right off the edge of the club with a case of beer rockin & rollin and catfishin all night. What a great time we had on that lake.:D
Ya I remember Bullwinlkes 2, me an my young brother use to walk our 8ft jon boat down the road to the lake everyday in the summer we must of been 13 yrs old then. I also remember when we got older pickin up a couple 40,s from wrights down the road and just sittin in the middle of the lake chillin. and remember swimmin up front when they had the beach there. Dam I must be gettin old

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Malaga Lake......aahhh great memories. I grew up in Malaga Lived on Richmond Lane and then in Forest Lakes Estates (old private beach) The small beach on Rt 40 in front of Vern Streeters Antiques shop was packed with hot girls and a friend walked through the hotties trying to speak to any who would listen wearing nothing but a jock strap. :D Ever "ride the falls?" or remember the diving board by the beach?
I learned to swim at the diving board. Just moved there from Vineland local kids asked if I can swim. I said no. BAM with a big push in the water I went......... and learned to swim :eek: :D....... thought you couldn't swim they laughed. We became very good friends for decades to come. Later years hung at Molias and dunked dollars. They were great times. Not to mention all the fishing. I plan to fish there this year, haven't for a few years.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Growing up, my best friends mom dated the guy who lived in the house right on the lake and rt.40 on the Elmer side of the lake. He was the principal of the Walter Hill school in Swedesboro. We used to go there every Sunday and hang out. Great times ice skating there as well. Used to watch those hydrofoils with blades race up and down the lake while we burned mountians of tires on the back beach drinking beer thinking we were cool.:D Try doing that now and the EPA, and DEP and god knows who else will be all over that.:eek:

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
That Is A Nice Lake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts