BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer my wife and I have decided to rent a house on the bay for a week for the first time. Our place is on bay terrace behind ship bottom just below the east bay ave bridge. I am wondering if any of you have fished this area and if you have any advice. I will be fishing from my kayak so if any of you yakkers are looking to buddy up we will be down june 21st to 28th. Im hoping to still find some fluke back there by the time we make it down.

·
Registered
554 Posts
This is a tough spot to fish during the day. During the day I would head east to the beach, early sunrises on a finger jetty along a LBI beach can be a good bet with a host of species including fluke, bluefish, weakfish, stripers, stargazers, kingfish. Take a look at the offshore current one side of the jetty will have sand accumulated making it shallow and the other side will be deep. Fish the deep side.

At night is the time you want to fish manahawkin bay. Find a place with a dock light/streetlight hanging in the water along the ICW and you might be surprised at what you find, it could vary night to night but a good population of fish hunt these spots at night.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks njcoast i def thought that night time was going to be my time esp with the family. I imagine its pretty busy back there during the day.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Look at a chart and you will see the middle grounds. More towards Tuckerton bay, but there is excellent fishing there. Look on the west side of an area between goosebar sedge and bunting sedge. You will have to travel south on the island by car, but I think it would be worth your trouble:thumbsup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at a chart and you will see the middle grounds. More towards Tuckerton bay, but there is excellent fishing there. Look on the west side of an area between goosebar sedge and bunting sedge. You will have to travel south on the island by car, but I think it would be worth your trouble:thumbsup:
Thanks! Ill check it out for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.