BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Launched my kayak at osprey point dr. this morning at around 5:30. Decided to troll up river for blues with the last of the incoming and then drift back with the outgoing for fluke. Trolled a bone SP Minnow and the blues were all over it immediately went 4 for 6 all between 18-25" and lots of fun. Tide had turned by the time I made it to the 70 bridge so I set up. Fluke are definitely there too but no keepers had 6 up to 17" One thing i notices was i was missing alot of strikes on the bucktail bnyone have any advice? Someone once told me to let them hit it once and get them on the next strike. Any truth to this? Pics are terrible because only the front camera on my phone works so I have to take "selfies"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Launched my kayak at osprey point dr. this morning at around 5:30. Decided to troll up river for blues with the last of the incoming and then drift back with the outgoing for fluke. Trolled a bone SP Minnow and the blues were all over it immediately went 4 for 6 all between 18-25" and lots of fun. Tide had turned by the time I made it to the 70 bridge so I set up. Fluke are definitely there too but no keepers had 6 up to 17" One thing i notices was i was missing alot of strikes on the bucktail bnyone have any advice? Someone once told me to let them hit it once and get them on the next strike. Any truth to this? Pics are terrible because only the front camera on my phone works so I have to take "selfies"
watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU4YmaDhNRk

·
Registered
599 Posts
john skinner is the man.. i just did my best after watching so many vids and buying his book.. he's my hero..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts