BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out at 5pm yesterday only to find a school of bunker to beat all schools. Snag acouple of bunker, set up on a fishfinder rig, 2 rods and in 45 min had 2 in the boat 27 and 33lbs. Buddy of mine came across the bunker and noticed that a threasher was raising hell with them. Trolled through with a spoon and snagged the critter with the spoon in the tail 45 min to an hour later had it to the boat only to loose it there.Said it looked to be 200lbs. Backing down on it the whole time. Lot of big bass there. Good luck Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Really? Man, I need to get out again, was out last saturday,out of Manasquan, found plenty of Bunker, but no real fish on them. Wish I knew what I was doing...

Oh well, I should have my boat in the Glimmer Glass soon, so that should make my life easier (I've been trailering).

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Fished Out of squan yesterday for bass heard the report of a guy hooked up to a threasher off a spoon. Thought he was joking, but my confirmation was that about 8pm I saw three yes three threashers jump out of the water almost at the same time with another taking and cutting my live bunker off!! All three had to be every bit of 9-10 feet long!!

Too bad this weekend tourny,s are all mako!!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Yeah- like I'll go surfing in those waters with all that bunker snapping around....NOT!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where's your sence of adventure, ha. Mike Hloigan, you fishing the shark tourney this weekend? I will be in clarks. See you out there

[ 06-23-2005, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: shotnbeer ]

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Hey shotnbeer,

The name is Sal congrads heard you guys came in with a potential money fish today. Caught a mako myself yesterday just missed the qualifying weight of 125 for jersey coasts tourney and ran real long for it!
Anyway congrads again hope you guys cash in!!

SAL G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts