BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking long range, March is shaping up to be above normal as well. I'm talking some upper 60's, low 70's.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The ocean temp off of A/C right now is about 46 degrees. A temp that high is not normally seen until the first or second week of April. If we have ocean temps in the mid 50's in March it will be interesting to see what the fish do.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
bass fishing march 1st. oh yea. Wont even have to venture up river. Last two years it took till march 15th. to get a keeper size bass in the bay.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I'm working on getting some cold-water gear so I can kayak the 1st. Might even try to get a few days off from work too.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Today was beautiful. I normally like winter to be cold but I could get used to this :thumbsup: Let's hope it keeps up straight into spring.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Its shaping up to be an early and good spring for all kinds of fishing. The backwaters are already full of life between crabs, spearing and killies that seem to have never left. Caught my first blueclaw of the season last night:thumbsup::thumbsup: The only concerns I have are storms and algea blooms this summer. Hopefully we won't have to pay for this nice weather later in the season.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Caught my first blueclaw of the season last night:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I think it is going to be an epic crabbing season

RyanF

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think it is going to be an epic crabbing season

RyanF
The bottom has already come up in the bay, which usually doesn't happen for another month... traps are stuffed with bay lettuce. Jonah Crabbing has been flat out sick and way ahead of schedule.We're going to cook a few of the monsters we've caught this month..:thumbsup: Claws are excellent eating! Green Crabs are also abundant... and now I got a blueclaw waaaaaay ahead of schedule...April should be flat out epic for the jimmys...can't wait for a few crabs and a cold one on the porch...thats livin:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Awesome Matt, Should I plan on going crabbing:huh:. I'm south of you I think. I'd like to hear from JoeyZac "King of Crabs" too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
march always turns out to be a bear though. I will believe it when I see it. thi has happened in past years where coming into march we have high temps only to be hammered by storms that beat the temps back down. Hopefully this is the year march misses us....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Could still get a 15" to 20" plus snowfall but this late in the season it will melt quickly and not hold up early spring fishing. So will offshore temps rise early and tuna in May be a possibility?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I couldn't get the words out quick enough.
has anyone seen the water temps since yesterday?????

water dropped like a stone the past two days. down at 32 right now. starting to look like a normal year again.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I couldn't get the words out quick enough.
has anyone seen the water temps since yesterday?????

water dropped like a stone the past two days. down at 32 right now. starting to look like a normal year again.
Where the hell do you live? Delaware Buoy is 45.9 today? Yesterday it hit 46.4 and it was cold out. Winter is over. The birds know it, the fish know it. Minnows are everywhere, crabs are being caught. The water down here will be pushing 50 by next weekend. Not one day Under 50 for the next 7 days, then the 8th day upper 40's, then back into the mid 50's.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I'm working on getting some cold-water gear so I can kayak the 1st. Might even try to get a few days off from work too.
I'm thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Where the hell do you live? Delaware Buoy is 45.9 today? Yesterday it hit 46.4 and it was cold out. Winter is over. The birds know it, the fish know it. Minnows are everywhere, crabs are being caught. The water down here will be pushing 50 by next weekend. Not one day Under 50 for the next 7 days, then the 8th day upper 40's, then back into the mid 50's.
raritan bay area. a little further north.i gotta check the temp again today. hopefully it is back up.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Awesome Matt, Should I plan on going crabbing:huh:. I'm south of you I think. I'd like to hear from JoeyZac "King of Crabs" too.:thumbsup:
It can never hurt to try your spots and see whats what. At the very least you'll catch some Tog bait for April. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts