BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried these areas lately? Was wondering in anything has locked into the beachfronts lately. I am sure the backbays and the usual reefspots are gonna be packed this weekend. Any info is appreciated!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
The Edge,,
Just about everywhere will be packed this and every weekend leading up to Labor in Margate & OC at this point...Best advise is to get out early whether you are boating or surf fishing
for the best chance of any action...

Good Luck,,,

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Don't waste your time burning fuel going to the reefs, not much going on out there right now nor has there been this year! I tried these spots a few times and caught a few throwbacks and the smallest seabass i ever saw....like nightstrikes said, get out early and maybe drift outfront a 1 or 2, thats about it right now, waiting for fall here in OC

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Don't discount the OC Reef, or the GE, or any of the usual offshore spots... get away from the fleet, find your own little piece of bottom structure, and work the heck out of it on a short drift with a drift sock.....

Hey, nobody has caught all the fish, the only thing out there is not shorts (although we all love to complain about them.. they are still fun to catch) and you never know when a school of 12# blues or some little member of the tuna family is going to make that very occasional, but very memorable, appearence...... that does not happen drifting under the 9th St. bridge...I am burning some gas, but when the bite starts, I'll be there...

The beaches have been pretty slow, but there are a few schoolies in the suds if you can find the right cut at the right tide... the beaches are mobbed with bikini's by 11 (which ain't so bad
.... :D ) and there are always kingfish to play with between the bars....

Can we get a little POSITIVE mojo goin here? We're fishing... not roofing!

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! Thanks fm, I only had a few options to work with and will be happy giving them a shot this weekend and next week. It will be mostly all from boat so its unlikely I'll be trying the suds too much if at all. I haven't gotten out nearly as much as I am used to so it'll be just nice to get out there for a few days.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I am on 68.... give me a shout when you are out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts