BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a marine contractor to sink a couple of pilings in the Brick/Pt Pleasant area. I haven't had much luck trying to contact some by phone or emails. Anyone have any recommendations.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Nick,

I had Nor'eastern Marine (Dave) resheath the lower half of my bulkhead, sister a bulkhead piling and set 2 pilings and a beam under the outside edge of the stationary dock....they did a great job, were affordable and actually cleaned up after themselves..I could not even tell they were in my yard...I got the whole thing done for what another local guy wanted to do the resheathing work. Noreastern specializes in repair work.

121 DINNER POINT AVE West Creek, NJ. 609 713 0760. Nor'eastern Marine Construction, LLC. 133 Cedar Run Dock Rd West Creek, NJ. 609 857 5185

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm looking for a marine contractor to sink a couple of pilings in the Brick/Pt Pleasant area. I haven't had much luck trying to contact some by phone or emails. Anyone have any recommendations.
I'd try to check around for an outfit that might be working near your dock if you haven't. You can save some dough sometimes when they barely have to move their barge/crane. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Nick,

I had Nor'eastern Marine (Dave) resheath the lower half of my bulkhead, sister a bulkhead piling and set 2 pilings and a beam under the outside edge of the stationary dock....they did a great job, were affordable and actually cleaned up after themselves..I could not even tell they were in my yard...I got the whole thing done for what another local guy wanted to do the resheathing work. Noreastern specializes in repair work.

121 DINNER POINT AVE West Creek, NJ. 609 713 0760. Nor'eastern Marine Construction, LLC. 133 Cedar Run Dock Rd West Creek, NJ. 609 857 5185

I second this on. Dave did some work for me and very far in price.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Nick where are you in Brick/Point? I live on beaverdam road. They just did new docks and bulkheads in my complex last year. Think the company that did the work is coming back in the spring to add a few pilings. Maybe they can swing by your place. I am basically right on the brick border opposite Comstock.

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
The only person listed that you have a chance getting to do the work is Grande Bros, anyone else listed is way south and dont have barges to go that far FYI I work all thru the state but its too far for me to do just a few piles, good luck:)

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
I do have a barge in Bayville if I end up with a few other smaller jobs in your area I MIGHT be able to make the push, either way if you get a price give me a call a tell me the price and I will tell you whether or not its a fair price if that would help you at all,,,good luck let me know if I can help with anything else:) Its also possible Boriel Docks may have a rig up that way he is also a bass barn sponsor and is a little north of me

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can try Extreme Marine on Fischer Blvd in Toms River or Cherry Marine on Drum Point Rd in Brick

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nick where are you in Brick/Point? I live on beaverdam road. They just did new docks and bulkheads in my complex last year. Think the company that did the work is coming back in the spring to add a few pilings. Maybe they can swing by your place. I am basically right on the brick border opposite Comstock.
I'm on the other side of the creek from you. I can see Comstock from the end of my dock. Last year there were a few contractors working in my area, but I just got the permit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want to update everyone on my quest for a marine contractor.

The problems I encountered 12 years ago when I did a bulkhead, are still happening.

First I want to say, as you can see in an above posts, that boatliftman was quick to respond, Unfortunately he is too far from me.

I found a contractor working 10 houses away from me. I contacted him about the pilings I need installed. He said no problem he'd do them when he was done with his job. Yesterday, I saw his barge going down the river so I called him. He said he would get back to me in 10 minutes. That was 2 days ago.

I called a total of 7 marine contractors, 2 returned calls. One is too busy, the other story I just told you. If I were 20 years younger, I go into that business. I can't believe in this economy, someone wanting to pay for a service, can't get it.

BTW In case you're thinking it's me, all my neighbors will tell you their version of the same story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.