BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marine police pulled up next to me today while I was fishing the outside bar near the GE inlet. He asked me what I was doing out there , I told him I was fishing for striper. His reply was I should not be keeping any because according to him I was still in the inlet. I was at least 1/2 mile out and north of the inlet. Then he asked me if the boat I was in was mine (Mako 19) and I replied yes and asked him why? He said They have had reports of some guy named Jay in a Mako who reportedly has been poaching in the back bays.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Renegade

Do you have any opennings tomorrow (Sunday). if so how many. i am trying to rally the troops. Tomorrow looks good. Capt Dan

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
if you were past the line that goes from LP jetty to OC jetty you were clearly in the ocean..... what was interesting today tho was the # of people i saw fishing on a local backbay fishing peir deadsticking rods, not togging. and those guys never throw anything back :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
A guy named jay on another post says he was fishing the back bay I quess the feds are on bassbarn too I smell a rat:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it came down to it, better make sure he notes the exact GPS location on the citation and confirm it with your GPS as well. Consider taking a photo of the your GPS screen and send it to yourself for a date and time stamp. I think if you were to go to these lengths, the officer might reconsider the strength of his case. Glad it didn't get to that point. Everyone makes mistakes.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Marine Police eating donuts and reading the bassbarn from their Boat. A new Low :) They are probably bummed out they even have to get into a Boat in January

A guy named jay on another post says he was fishing the back bay I quess the feds are on bassbarn too I smell a rat:D

·
Registered
896 Posts
Marine Police?

Marine police pulled up next to me today while I was fishing the outside bar near the GE inlet. He asked me what I was doing out there , I told him I was fishing for striper. His reply was I should not be keeping any because according to him I was still in the inlet. I was at least 1/2 mile out and north of the inlet. Then he asked me if the boat I was in was mine (Mako 19) and I replied yes and asked him why? He said They have had reports of some guy named Jay in a Mako who reportedly has been poaching in the back bays.
What are they Marine police or state police?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Police

Why are we paying police to do fish and game jobs? I see so many state police boats out in the bay now then ever before what a waste of tax money. I guess that is why they are doing fish and game jobs to collect some revenue we really do not need state police out there. I would rather see more coast guard and fish and game. Oh by the way where are the trees out there ?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
pretty funny ! you got them again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts