Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** SOLD **

[ 02-04-2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: glennexit13 ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
i have the marlin 444, these are awesome guns. beautiful. i took a buck in south carolina, shot a 65 yrds, like gettin hit by a train.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marlin makes an extremely solid levergun no doubt, just wish I'd gotten any use out of this one...hahaha.

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BA-BA-BUMP

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My Dad just purchased the same gun. This sucker will stop just about anything. I shot the 300 grain and did not think the kick was that bad.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Yeah, the 405 grain Remington load is like a lead brick flying at aroun8 1800 fps. Not a sniper round, but a close range beast.

RuddeDogg...you got mail back, surprisingly, since Hotmail has been a pain in the azz the last few days.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damnit...logged in under my brothers name on this computer...thats me up there with the capemaychef post.
:D

Mako, the dimunitive size of the gun and the relatively huge shells upon first sight have alot of people thinking it'll kick them to death.

With the ported barrel, the 405s felt like 20 guage pheasant rounds, no sweat. its an old slowpoke round thats usually loaded slow from the factory because alot of old guns still exist chambered for it.

Now the new +p loads from companies like Garret,that have been taken to Africa and have taken some seriously huge game...those are another story. I don't have the dental plan to bother with those through a Guide Gun.

:D

[ 01-24-2006, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: glennexit13 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts