BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing the 30 line/elephant trunk area on Saturday and went 0 for 2 on white marlin. I also heard of at least 1 white being caught in the area and know of a blue that was caught there a couple of weeks ago. This seems a little unusual and I just wanted to see if anyone else saw/caught whites on the 30 line over the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
although i havent fished the trunk this year or anything but in years past it was not uncommon to see billfish on the 30, even last year they had a few bills at the east lump. we caught a white just outside the trunk last year, its not far off the baltimore either, good to see some bills up in the spread, get a pitch bait on either of em?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pitch bait. We saw both fish on the surface before they came into the spread. The first fish bit a ballyhoo on the flat line. I free spooled the reel - nothing, then started to reel in as fast as I could and he came up right behind the bait - could see his mouth opened. Went to free spool again, he picked it up, came tight for a few seconds then spit the hook. Live and learn!!! The second hit a ballyhoo in the outrigger, but never came back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts