BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Marsh Creek today from about noon till six. What a beautiful day. Launched in the back across the lake from the office. Fished all around the banks and coves toward the dam on both sides nada. Headed back at the end of the day right past the launch and caught two samll largemouth.and called it a day. My brother and I enjoyed a great sunny day on the water. Saw one other boat catch a couple small LM also.

Mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
Any spots over there that I can get to by foot with my twin 4 yr olds?

I have brought them fishing once when they were 3, windy conditions and all together not good fishing conditions. Just looking forward to see them cathching a fish. ANY FISH.

Special thanks to anyone who can recommend a decent spot in the Pottstown, PA area where a couple of 4yr old have a chance at cathching a fish!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Last year I was taking my 5yr old (at the time she was 4) to Central Perkiomen Valley Park in Schwenksville Pa and we would catch smallmouths all day . Most of them were small so they were easy for her to handle but we would use live minnows on a carolina rig and we would catch them all day non-stop and where I fish at below the dam is easy to get to you just park and walk about 100ft.the Park is located at plank Rd and Rt. 29 in Schwenksville Pa.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I haven't caught a bass that big in that spot in about 10 years. Good job!!

The Perk Trail has opened up a lot of new spots along that stretch..:)

·
Registered
32,307 Posts
Getting rid of the dams has made the creek more shallow. Probably less deep holes now for the lunkers to hide in. I used to wade fish the Perki from the G-town Pike, Ridge Pike, Rt 29 intersection down to Graterford and catch them up. Also around Level Road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts