BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
if cost is no object go for MJ's. I have owned both and for eye comfort they are tough to beat.

·
Registered
242 Posts
edge eyewear

I have been wearing maui jim & costa del mar for years i prefer the costa del mars> except I bought a pair of polorized edge eyewear glasses last year for $30.00 a 5th of the price of the other brands and now prefer the edge eyewear glasses. the company is big on the west coast for kayakers,fly fisherman and hikers. Whats nice you can buy three different pairs of glasses each with different lenses for different light conditions. also many different styles. I know a place to buy them but don't think i am allowed to mention it here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ocean Waves was a great company a few years ago , now you can't even reach them and they never respond to phone calls , e mails or faxes.

I would say Costas :thumbsup:
I agree with the above quote...
I have both Ocean Waves and Costas...I feel both are very good. The diffence is when you need service. Waves, 3 month turnaround...Costas only two weeks.

I never had MJ's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I personally liked the MJs because they are a glass lens and have better optical clarity than the plastic ones. I am an optical snob and can not wear low end glasses because any optical distortion will give me bad headaches. I just found a new company Haber, glass lenses and all European made frames at prices under $100. Their blue flash polarized lens is better than anything I've seen and half the price (in the Nice or Bellagio frame). http://www.habervision.com/sunglasses/fishing.aspx
If anyone orderes from them please enter my code AHEP to give me credit for the referral. The way they are offering this quality is by going factory direct, the way to go with a new company today.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have two pairs of maui jims and they are the only pair of shades I will use on the water. my Boss has a pair of each and prefers the maui's over the costa's.

There customer service is great also, I cracked my lenses last summer while opening a heavy door that swung back and hit my glasses while they were hanging from my neck. I wrote a brief explaination of what happened and they fixed them for free and mailed them back rather quickly. I was impressed!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.