BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success boat fishing the Maurice river cove for striper during the fall? I’m not looking for any specific coordinates or anything like that just seeing if anyone has had decent day out there this time of year. I’ve been thinking about giving it a shot here soon chunking fresh herring or bunker, using blood worms or live lining herring if I can get my hands on some live ones. Any input appreciated

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The fall striper bite in the bay and the cove area has been pretty lousy for a few years now. Most guys switched to MOJO and Stretch trolling ocean side and it seems like the bite has been incredible up north till you hit AC then its very sporadic south of AC.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My buddy just moved into that area. He's got a boat and we will be fishing there alot in the near future. Unfortunately it is still uncharted territory for us, and don't have any reports yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fall striper bite in the bay and the cove area has been pretty lousy for a few years now. Most guys switched to MOJO and Stretch trolling ocean side and it seems like the bite has been incredible up north till you hit AC then its very sporadic south of AC.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
If the the stripers do come, it seems as though it's later and later every year. Past couple years it's seems as though they arrive in early December and don't stay long. I personally have been hoping something changes. I'm hoping to give it a shot this November- getting fresh bunker for bait isn't what it used to be either- it's more of a task and alot of phone calls. There are some really nice white perch in the Maurice River that are really good eating. Good luck if you give it a shot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
There in there, just find a ditch and give it a few hours. If nothing chews in a few hours move to another spot.
Not in the cove but not too far away has treated me good in the 14 to 20' range. Fresh bunker...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There in there, just find a ditch and give it a few hours. If nothing chews in a few hours move to another spot.
Not in the cove but not too far away has treated me good in the 14 to 20' range. Fresh bunker...
If the the stripers do come, it seems as though it's later and later every year. Past couple years it's seems as though they arrive in early December and don't stay long. I personally have been hoping something changes. I'm hoping to give it a shot this November- getting fresh bunker for bait isn't what it used to be either- it's more of a task and alot of phone calls. There are some really nice white perch in the Maurice River that are really good eating. Good luck if you give it a shot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I ventured out into the cove this past Friday I know I was jumping the gun but I had time to to go out there and explore in hopes of maybe catching at least a schoolie. Chunked fresh bunker, used blood worms and even some shedder crab I had. no dice. I salvaged the day by scaling down my hook size and moved back into the river and caught some really nice perch
Water Sky Fisherman Lake Cloud

But I did get out again Yesterday and focused my attention in the Maurice river in the complete opposite direction I headed north towards the union lake dam in search of some schoolies with paddle tail swim baits and it paid off even though I only landed one schoolie in the rain it was still an awesome afternoon
Vertebrate Fisherman Water Fish Seafood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts