BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone is catching any of those spawners up in the Maurice River towards Millville. Any reports would be great.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Bait,Not much to report.
The herring have not shown up like they should have.

I had the boat out sunday, monday and today. I was not marking any fish in the normal areas

·
Registered
223 Posts
Caught a couple of keeper size stripers up in the river and four throw backs in the last week. The bite is slow and spotty. Been out four times. Last trip on Friday evening (as it started to rain) produced only two catfish ( one over 10 lbs) No run offs.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
night,
The croakers will not be in the mouth of the maurice until sometime around june or july.

Depending on the drought conditions, they have been caught all the way up to fowser road, but I would not try to target them that far up

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just wanted to know if any drum, weaks, or striped bass are ever there near the maurice river mouth? Have fished the light house beach area near there but had a real hard time for about 2 days and finally on the third got into some croakers in the early morning hours. Also the area is a very shallow flat type area. Maybe let me know what areas around there are productive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
all i have seemed to catch is the crokers also and in the same area....but late afternoons...got only one striped bass...small...

margaritaville,

thanks for that information...

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
There is some very good fishing from the just before the mouth of the river out to the turn cans (2&3 bouys)

Stripers, Croakers, White Perch, Weakies (well they used to be)

all can be caught within close proximity to the mouth. You just have to go at the right time. Don't bypass the shallow ditch entrances.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts