BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One rental out today and all they had to show for it was one good hit with a miss. Water temp dropped to about 42 degrees.

Had a few locals call in with slow results but a few were caught. There is a warming trend for next week that should bring back some warmer water. Once the water gets back to about 45 - 46 degrees there should be more action.

I'm not saying don't go but it may pay to hold off until next week. Will keep you posted as the conditions change.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Fred, used your bellies out front yesterday, caught 2 - 22" & 27". Tons of doggies. Mile off of Diamond beach anchored up in 20' of water.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Fred,also used your bellies out front by the wheel,doggies and skates 26' of water,waiting for June like you suggested.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fred, how late are you open today....going to fish off of my dock again this weekend....live next to your buddy Pete in Grassy.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Put the kayak in the back today on incomming. Water was 45 couldn't find anything so move back further and found 40 degrees what a brilliant move that was! Hope the next couple of days improve.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Fred, I gave my brother some bellies and he went to GE inlet this morning at 4 AM. Started chunking and ended up catching 28 bass to 36 inches in 3 hours. Maybe the fish just moved out a little. :eek:

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I apologize to all in the SJ back bays for not giving everyone ample warning that I would be in the area on the 25th. The bass can sense as I'm getting on the parkway & amazingly they decide not to eat. I've been a complete MUSH this year, we could hear the bass laughing as we were ancoring up at each spot :(

Still had a good time hanging out with Fred & Biggest & the other guys from No Bones though. I'll def be making that trip again next season.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Although water temps are coming back up it seems some of the fish are still in shock.A friend of mine just informed me that a 31" plug caught Bass last night really didn't realize it was hooked until he got it in close and in fact he thought it was maybe just barely a slot size fish based on the fight.

·
Registered
16,591 Posts
The normal back bay bite did not happen for us this year. With the exception of this past weekend, it has been a bad fall season for me. I caught everything out front, nothing in my normal hotspots in the back.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Keep the updates coming, I was planning on paying Fred a visit on Sunday morning to give the bellies a try in the back :rolleyes:

The water temps this year have been out of wack - late Aug we had 81 out at AC reef and now they are plummeting. We had 39 degrees in the Maurice River on Saturday morning..... Caught a 10-12 lb blue on a head that didnt fight and thought we had a big skate - no wonder the fish had lockjaw :eek:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2PM at the dock today was 47.8. One guy stopped in and said 51.6 in the channel. Bite should return. My cutoff point in the past was around 43.

It could go up to 65 if BIGGESTJACK would flush. It's like that scene in Jurasic Park where they examine that pile of dino dung. :D

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Originally posted by chunking:
It could go up to 65 if BIGGESTJACK would flush. It's like that scene in Jurasic Park where they examine that pile of dino dung. :D
:D :D
I don't know either one of you but you guys have some of the best insults on here.
Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Took the 300 yard ride from the dock to the spot right before sundown, tied off, started chummin' bellies with Bud using his "sacred" - a frickin potato masher. Wind's a' howlin, nothing happening for quite a while. Tide starts coming in, bam, 36" striper. Hung out for quite a while later, nothing. Water temp @ high tide 52deg.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by ReadyJettyGo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by chunking:
I don't know either one of you but you guys have some of the best insults on here.
Keep up the good work.
</font>[/QUOTE]I HAVE BEEN ABUSED BY FRED VAN SLEEPLE AT EVERY TURN AFTER TRYING TO BE ALMOST NICE.I HAVE HIRED THE SWEET ,LOVEABLE FISHPICKER TO DEAL WITH THIS MAN.PLEASE SEND ALL DONATIONS TO THE FRED ULHMAN COFFEE AND KOOL KING FUND.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ReadyJettyGo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by chunking:
Keep up the good work.
</font>[/QUOTE]I HAVE BEEN ABUSED BY FRED VAN SLEEPLE AT EVERY TURN AFTER TRYING TO BE ALMOST NICE.I HAVE HIRED THE SWEET ,LOVEABLE FISHPICKER TO DEAL WITH THIS MAN.PLEASE SEND ALL DONATIONS TO THE FRED ULHMAN COFFEE AND KOOL KING FUND.
</font>[/QUOTE]You say the word !! I will make it my third life long mission. Dammit Capt We got um !!!

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
are we gonna get yelled at again ??????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts