BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but does anyone else think the Barn has been spot burn central this year?

Send out the lynch mob, I said it.

RyanF

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Does Pattie know that?:eek:

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
RyanF said:

RyanF
It is not the barn that is burning spots it is the guys posting, have ya ever seen "the barn" post? If you see a post that is spot burning use the repost post icon and report it, I will edit it ASAP. We cannot read every post that is made so any help from the members is appreciated.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
RyanF said:

RyanF
Dude!! You have been steady complaining lately. Deal with it!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I have a question. As fellow fisherman, aren't we supposed to try to help each other? Neither you nor I own the fish or the spot. So why does it matter if I want to tell you where I am catching fish? I can understand if someone says "I saw this boat fishing here and they were bailing them", and that boat doesn't want to reveal his spot. But, If I want to tell you I caught Drum at a certain set of numbers I would think that everyone would appreciate me helping out. I don't know, I just never had a problem telling someone wher the fish were being caught.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Perhaps we should anchor up some posted signs:D
I am so sick of hearing about spot burning, are these bridges,sods,bulkheads,rips,shoals,flats and any other kind of fish holding structure private property? Nope they are not so just get over it, you dont own a spot just because you fish it . There are little out of the way spots or honey holes alot of people would keep to themselves, i have no problem with that. But to hear someone gripe about a burning a bridge or a spot that is pretty much common knowledge is petty.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts

This is like beating a dead horse.

The rules are simple...Don't post specific spots!
Whats wrong with just general locations?...nothing!!

Stop bitching and go find your own SPOT!!:D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Spot burn central is right on !

·
Registered
375 Posts
Last year my Son brought a buddy to his favorite spot to fish from the beach. It was a small area able to hold only a handfull of people.

His buddy had a good time, caught a few fish, and in turn brought a few friends from his work to fish there.

Within a few weeks the spot was so crowded with these folks and all their friends there was no room for my Son to fish there. These Pigs left all their garbage each time they fished there. :(

He is hoping this year they don't show up, and swears to become closed mouthed about particular spots.

Sucks, but it happens.

General area on an internet board is more than sufficiant.;)

Amphibian (Tom)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Anyone who hunts knows how real of a nightmare spot burning is . For instance , if it were deer season and i posted that i see two 12 point bucks in the same spot every day , would you show up ? The answer is yes . The same thing with fishing . Like it has been said before , general area ( maybe ) is ok . I personally would keep it to myself , especially after being burned by many a client who had chartered us for a wreck trip , and even a few bass trips . And no , i dont the the "own" the spots , but if i took you there , and came back the next day to see you and your buddies there we will certainly have words .

·
Registered
807 Posts
And if you think fish spot burning is bad , take someone on a duck hunt , even your friends will shoot it out .

·
Registered
523 Posts
Olbarney said:
but if i took you there , and came back the next day to see you and your buddies there we will certainly have words .
If you charge people to come fishing with you, you shouldnt be complaining about spot burning. You are offering a service and sharing knowledge with your charter in exchange for their money.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
capemaychef said:
I hear Patties Hole is the hot spot in the summer:):):):)????
it's Paddy's
shoobie:p ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
JAT11 said:
Patties Hole is a new spot! ;)

Yea its a new spot...right next to patties ***!

Cant we all just get along and just go fishing??? Its fishing...not war...we are not fishing for a superbowl ring or a gold medal...its fishing!! this cracks me up...I fish tournaments...from striper to marlin and yes i have my spots that i goto for tournaments...but for fishing the back...how many spots do you know that you can go that you dont see anyone else ever? I would be glad to assist anyone that needed help or a tip in the correct direction. its fishing for crying out loud!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts