BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear of anybody fishing the bulkhead this year ? I fished it years ago for perch and picks and done well. But i dont hear anyone talk about it anymore.

·
Registered
117 Posts
gjuhfiuhgfidsg

will be going there tomarrow... last year i caught a 30 pounder out of there love it there seems to always produce fish (perch herring stripers picks etc)

ill put my picture up of the fish i caught when i get onto my other computer

Robby J.

·
Registered
192 Posts
seriously?

You really got that at the bulk head? I live down the street and fish in the salt 3 times a week but never gave it a try.I do see alot of fishermen down there during and after the herring run. Nice fish man. Mabey Ill give it a shot this year.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I was fishing in my canoe about this time a few years ago and saw a similar fish caught by a boat near me. I was just below the trestle bridge which had about 10 guys fishing from it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Frank Napoli said:
You really got that at the bulk head? I live down the street and fish in the salt 3 times a week but never gave it a try.I do see alot of fishermen down there during and after the herring run. Nice fish man. Mabey Ill give it a shot this year.

Frank I just moved to Atlantic ave which is walking distance to the Bulk Head. I have caught alot of perch and small stripers but nithing that big at the bulk head.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yup at the bulkhead... idk if any of you know him but steve smith(rube)... he fishes alot in that area... he catches nice stripers out of there all the time... he netted the fish for me...

in a few weeks itll be loaded with the bass...

today was our first decent sign of herring... just use the small gold jigs... leave the sabikis home :)

Robby J

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Steve Smith. Local train bridge sharpie.:D . Tell him Buckeye will be seeing him up there soon.;)
My buddy got 42 and 36 lbers the same day, on live herring off the bulkhead a few years back. When the herring are running hard, you can count on some cows being on there ***.

·
Registered
117 Posts
fgafdhafd

if any of you ever see a kid about sixteen with a green cabelas hat on by the dam/tressels/bulkhead its me stop over and see me...

Robby J.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
See ya Tomorrow

I think I'll be there tomorrow(Tuesday). I was planning to go to the bulkhead. Maybe I'll get adventurous and look for the trestle. Don't have gold hooks. Gotta use my sabiki.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts