BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK how do you spell it? Where is it? Is it any good?
I heard a couple of guys talking about it but they ignored me, when I asked.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Bill- McCries Shoal.
Located about 5 miles or so out of Cape May.
There is a buoy there- I believe it is 2MS.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
16,322 Posts
McCrie Shoal is out 5-6 miles off the beach of Cape May between the point and the CM Inlet. The incoming or east side of the shoal is marked by the "2ms" buoy. It can be good for flounder, I have caught them there from June on out till mid October. Great for striped bass and blues in the fall, but it's in the EEZ so it's a no no for striped bass. It's a shoal about 2 miles long by a 1/2 mile wide comes up to the 20 ft. depths surronded by 30-50 ft. depths, definitely a fishy spot.

[ 04-05-2005, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: CaptG ]

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Bill are you talking about striper fishing there,or flounder fishing.Because in Aug. is when we caught some nice flattys out there on the way in from the OG!! ;)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Striper fishing is definitely a no/no. It is in the EEZ [FEDERAL WATERS]. It has been hot and cold over the last few years for flounder. It had been a good spot for flounder in the spring because it is shallow for that part of the ocean 32 to 45 ft.....Gene

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. as you no i mostly fish D-Bay but with the bigger boat we were thinking about a few longer trips, of course with predicted $3.50 a gallon gas I might be fishing from the slip alot this year. :D The guys I heard talking were "Striper Talking" I guess thats why they ignored me. See You On The Water, "SOON"

·
Registered
783 Posts
If it hits 3.50 a gal we need to ship old bush boy over to Iraq and revoke his citizenship!

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Originally posted by roundthreeb:
If it hits 3.50 a gal we need to ship old bush boy over to Iraq and revoke his citizenship!
If only it was that easy!!! :D

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Bill, if your looking to go, here is the info. It's a good run from Bayway. If you run down the bay to the point from Bidwell Creek Buoy and then out to "2MS" it will be 22 NM. ;)
"2MS" MCCRIES SHOAL BOUY, N38 50.493 W74 50.280

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
I think presidential insults belong in "Dry Dock". ;) Besides, OPEC controls gas prices - not Bush. Here are the fuel prices for a few countries that ARE NOT run by George Bush:

France - 4.10
Germany - 4.17
Itlay - 4.28
Canada - 3.41

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by aquasport190:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />If it hits 3.50 a gal we need to ship old bush boy over to Iraq and revoke his citizenship!
I think presidential insults belong in "Dry Dock". ;) Besides, OPEC controls gas prices - not Bush. Here are the fuel prices for a few countries that ARE NOT run by George Bush:

France - 4.10
Germany - 4.17
Itlay - 4.28
Canada - 3.41
</font>[/QUOTE]Is that US $$$ or Euro's + aren't they usually 5 liters to an Imperial Gallon? This isn't president bashing its big buisness bashing. we send our jobs overseas, their economies are growing so much they are buying more cars and need more gas. supply and demand. Instead of sending so much corn and wheat to people who hate us, maybe we should put in all into ethanol production. AAA is predicting gas at $2.75 by July 4th weekend which could easily be $3.25 / $3.50 for marina gas.

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
I multiplied by 3.79 to get the price per gallon number. 5 liters to the gallon makes it look even worse to live in France :D . Some of the prices are in Euros - Canada is in dollars. I just meant that we probably have the best fuel prices in the world so it can't be that Bush is causing these problems. If he had all the control over gas prices, he would just ask Jimmy Carter for some advice on how to manage this problem.
;)

·
Registered
32,485 Posts
Either way, the Rips are probably a better place to catch stripers than McCries. McCries is also past the 3 nautical mile line. I never really fished it but, last October, there were a ton of birds going crazy all over the pace there. They were diving and everything. I couldn't hook up, though, and it was rough so I gave up. It was one of those days that I was trying to outrun the winds and losing ground. I shouldn't have stopped but it looked too good to drive past.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts