BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A YEAR!!!!Stopped by the oldmans house to see if he wanted to go trouting and killa couple of hours.He had mealies in the fridge fron last year,pale, still moved,and skinny, I caught 4 in an hour!Who knows?Thought I`d share.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I buy them by the 1000 from a local shop and keep them in the fridge all summer so that I can take the kids fishing whenever they want. They last forever if kept cold enough with virtually no die-off. They go into some kind of suspended animation from what I've been told. I've never kept them a year though so that is impressive.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Beatles

I misplaced a mealworm container as a kid only to find beatles later that summer. I too didn't know you could keep them that long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
BRIANTOGCHIK said:
I misplaced a mealworm container as a kid only to find beatles later that summer. I too didn't know you could keep them that long.
Gotta keep 'em cold in the fridge or they'll turn into beetles.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I found some in the refrig from last year still had about a dozen still kicking. I tried to raise them before, they turn into a nice white grub then a beetle. Found it was just as easy to run to the pet shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts