BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,944 Posts
I’ve heard about ceramic coating a boat to protect it. Maybe this is a few steps down and less costly, but protects better than Collonite etc?

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just compounded and waxed entire boat. Thinking about using this stuff at the dock throughout the season to keep it nice.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'll stick with Collinite, i have used it on my boat for 17 seasons and when i bring it home in late fall it still beads up from the spring application.

·
Registered
212 Posts
COLLINITE FLEETWAX 885 paste wax, putting on as LITTLE as I can... in a 2-3ft square area...with a round foam applicator (WASHED WELL AFTER EVERY USE).. and those microfiber cloths are great for removing the thin coating of wax..
Once a yr and it looks as good commin out as goin in.....IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT

·
Registered
16,082 Posts
COLLINITE FLEETWAX 885 paste wax, putting on as LITTLE as I can... in a 2-3ft square area...with a round foam applicator (WASHED WELL AFTER EVERY USE).. and those microfiber cloths are great for removing the thin coating of wax..
Once a yr and it looks as good commin out as goin in.....IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
Right on, ceramic coatings won't bond to waxed surfaces so you need to strip it 1st...not worth it collonite 885 paste or 3M blue/green if real oxidized then coat of sealer wax will last as long as any ceramic coating. I only seal wax the hull, with the 885 it's not even necessary tho imo. If topside needs a touch-up I use the liquid fleet wax, easy on/off and almost as good and long lasting as the paste.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
I love it on my car, I did NOT like it on my boat. I did half my boat with Meguires compound and ceramic and wasn't happy. Other side I used Colinite..and that went on better

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I tried Mequires ceramic when it first came out. even with 2 coats with in 30 days it's not even close to Rejex. Rejex is a polimer coating for aircraft. One coat then a second coat within 30 day will live longer than 18 months on either boats or cars.

·
Registered
9,972 Posts
I tried Mequires ceramic when it first came out. even with 2 coats with in 30 days it's not even close to Rejex. Rejex is a polimer coating for aircraft. One coat then a second coat within 30 day will live longer than 18 months on either boats or cars.
I never did try that stuff. Too late now I'm 'long' collintie for 1 more year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts