BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell mewhewre the railroad tressel is at Menantico. While standing at the ramp, with my back to the water and facing the RR track, is the tressel to the right or left?

BTW, why is the State sign that used to be at the entrance, and Atlantic City Electric No Trespassing signs everywhere? Once I got to the Ponds, the state fish and wildlike signs are still there, so I assume you can still fish there.


Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,412 Posts
As you drive in before you make the last turn to go towards the ramp, it will be straight ahead. I was there 2 days last week and there was a train sitting on the tracks both times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,093 Posts
Yeah, you'll see the tressel on your left I believe as you go around the last bend towards the ramp. I believe the state owns to the left of the road but the right its all AC Electric.


Carbone, have ya got into em yet back there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
BA8...A group of us were there last month. We dropped quite a few trees in the ponds to provide structure for the fish.We were working with the N.J.Division of Fish and Wildlife.All of us are enrolled in the N.J.Wildlife Conservation Corps Volunteer's.Great bunch of guys doing work for the Division.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
there used to be a lot of herring that came through early season under that tressel... Menatico is so hard to fish anymore because of the high pressure the ponds get durring the warmer months, that's we stopped going there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

I was asking because I remember guys talking about herring comin up to the tressle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,126 Posts
wvufan said:
Thanks everyone.

I was asking because I remember guys talking about herring comin up to the tressle.
we found them about a 100ft away in the bushed that overhang the north side. The green plant draw a little more heat & the fish stacked in them. Watch useing a sein net at the trestle because it is tempting but the state will clobber for blocking the whole run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,093 Posts
Y-BUC-BILL said:
BA8...A group of us were there last month. We dropped quite a few trees in the ponds to provide structure for the fish.We were working with the N.J.Division of Fish and Wildlife.All of us are enrolled in the N.J.Wildlife Conservation Corps Volunteer's.Great bunch of guys doing work for the Division.
I was thinkin' about joining that volunteer group. I wanted to last year but I guess you ahve to be 18.. I thought it'd be sweet to help out with stocking trout or somethin :D ..Plus just be somethin else to do since it'd get me a little closer to doing what I wanna do I guess..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,126 Posts
BassAssassin8 said:
I was thinkin' about joining that volunteer group. I wanted to last year but I guess you ahve to be 18.. I thought it'd be sweet to help out with stocking trout or somethin :D ..Plus just be somethin else to do since it'd get me a little closer to doing what I wanna do I guess..
I did it years ago & had fun. Just don't do the shad seine. If your under 60 you will be doing all the pulling & rowing:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
wvu,
AC Electric owns all the land on the left side of the road as you go back to the ponds (with the exception of a few houses along the road), all the way east to the Maurice River Twp line. The WMA entrance sign is down because someone hit it with their car/truck, I think. I remember seeing it on the ground one day about a year ago. Looked like it was sheared off. Either a drunk or some stupid kids with nothing better to do on a Satuday night... :rolleyes:

To get to the train bridge walk back down the path directly behind the parking area.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top