BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just wanted to find out a little about controls for my boat...the boat i have is 17ft glasstream the old motor was no good it was a 70hp yamaha. and i got a new 40hp mercury but i need to get controls. but where do you measure from?and also the pins on the motor is 7-pins plus one in the middle i guess the one in the middle is a ground. or is this one counts as 8-pin? and where's a good place to find one. thanks:confused:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Give Dean @ King Marine a call, he's a barn sponsor and a mercury outboard dealer. 856-582-5222.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
hey guys i just wanted to find out a little about controls for my boat...the boat i have is 17ft glasstream the old motor was no good it was a 70hp yamaha. and i got a new 40hp mercury but i need to get controls. but where do you measure from?and also the pins on the motor is 7-pins plus one in the middle i guess the one in the middle is a ground. or is this one counts as 8-pin? and where's a good place to find one. thanks:confused:
Anyone's control will operate anyone's engine, so you may not need a new control. Just the cable ends at the engine to connect the cables to the new Merc.. But you will need a new wiring harness for the Merc. If the control has the Key switch in it you may need to move the key switch to the dashboard unless a Merc key switch will fit in a Yam control.

Figured if you were trying to save a few bucks this might be worth looking into because the Yam control you have is better than any Merc control you are going to buy/find..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.