BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what it is like fishing in the mid to upper cheaspeake bay? I live in alexandria right now and was curious if anyone knew what the cheaspeake beach area is like? Can you catch stripers and flounder that far up or do you need to head south more like point lookout state park? If anyone has any info, let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
15,280 Posts
Tidalfish is a great site for the chesapeake. The bay bridge area is what I call mid bay and it's good area for Stripers, Bluefish, Trout and white perch. Not much flounder fishing if any that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It seems funny! We fish the middle grounds and I guess that would be the lower, or south, bay. We fish the Smith Point-Tangier Is. portion and we catch striper, blues, spanish, flounder, trout, spade etc. I guess it is still warm and salty enough for most species. Grew up on the Magothy River catching perch and stripers. I guess its all relative! Good luck with whatever species you end up with! Get'em Wet! Pig

[ 03-20-2006, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Pigman ]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Chesapeake Beach is a primo trophy season trolling destination. flounder fishing is subpar in all mid to upper bay locations. (that means lousy, not super!) Mouth of the Choptank is potential flounder hole as is the eastern side near Crisfield, but thats lower bay. Plenty of good stripers spots near CB though. Tidalfish is the place to hang out as well.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Capt. Ed,
That's my son looking for some good spots in Bay. Would like some charter info on Susqueanna Flats. Do you have opening for April/May/June. Please advise or should I call you?

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nope!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts