BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

At 2:30 am this morning as I shoveled the snow of the truck I was wondering what the hell I was doing going to the tackle shop in the middle of the winter at this hour of the day. Then it occurred to me even with sea bass being closed for many of us that have jobs that tack so much of the fishing time during the spring summer and fall months this is prime time fishing season for us. The cod and tog fishing has been unreal and to day is the first 12 hour cod trip of the season for the starfish.. So get some buddy’s together and jump on your local party boat or get that boat out of the yard on a nice day this winter and experience winter fishing at the south jersey shore. We are open nice days in the AM and the weekends.
Who knows maybe the mackerel will show up this year
Maybe this will be an epic late winter winter flounder bite.
There are even a couple of stripper still in the surf.
AND dont for get the larg mouth bass and the pickrel........
Lots to do in the winter :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hard core!

More power to ya! After fishing hard all spring, summer and fall I need a few weeks off to do all the projects that have been postponed due to fishing. Best of luck, stay safe and warm!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
For me this is a great time to be out on the water. I have had some of my best fishing in the winter. And I will not bs you some of my worst. It really is no different than fair weather fishing you need that weather window to make it an enjoyable day but you can get them. How many of us have had a fluke trip cancled in Aug because it was howling? Besides all of this IMO I think some of the winter fare is the best eating fish you can eat. Give a shout to one of the boats running and enjoy. Sure does beat sitting in right now I cant wait for my next opportunity to jump on "The Bomb" for either some tog or cod.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I love the winter time! There is very little boat traffic and there is nothing quite like spending a beautiful January or February day on the water and seeing rods bending all around the boat!

TJ - can't wait till next time, either! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Temps down south here will never go below 50 as a high all week. Monday will be 60 degrees. This is the Winter that never happened.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The look

Nothing like the look when someone ask what you did that snow covered day in feb. and you tell you where fishin.
and hands cold water fish are some of the best table far there is.
and from what im told the rods on the AtomBomb are ALL WAYS BENT OVER.
And the cod on the come back in this area is a great thing. i can remember macking two hour run to pt. pleasant and belmar.at 2 in the morning and be happy to get a 1/2 dz. between 2 or 3 of us. and down this lucky to get 1 or 2
now its not that hard to get 10 a man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts