BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chili festival in Millville is this saturday. There are kayak races and demos all day on the river. We will be there with the Hobies and so will alot of other dealers with all kinds of kayaks that you can demo. bringing your own life jacket makes things easier.
Barrell

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Thought you said you wouldn't do the chili fest this year? Change of heart? ;) Glad to see you're back in. I'll be there, especially for the good chili... :D

Keep an eye on your yaks this time around... Sucks that had to happen to you last year, but people are slime, no matter where you are... I hope it doesn't happen to you again.

[ 07-05-2006, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
16,683 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is this at the park off Main St. by the river? And also what is the starting time? I love chili, yum, yum. And also I've never been in a yak, but would like to try it.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fly ty, We caught the girl who was trying to steal our yak. This year I ll ask everyone to go upstream rather than down.
Younger, "I love it"
I need help though. Four of my best employees all had to take off this week...eelball where are you? All the chili and beer you can eat on me.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Glad you caught her, I remember the story. ;) Good idea about the upstream trek, too. Just make sure they don't go up past the Brandriff Ave bridge, or else they could take out at the Sharp St dock by the dam and you'd never know it.

Split:
Yes, it's at the city park and along Buck Street. Just go up to Rt 49, you can't miss all the people. I think it starts at 10AM, but I'm not sure. It's an all day thing. Get there early, like before 1PM, for the chili, though.

http://www.chilicookoff.com/Event/Event_Display.asp?EventID=1729

[ 07-06-2006, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
Originally posted by barrell:
Anyone wanting to try the Hobies I have to get back to the shop by 2pm so I will have to leave millville early. Should be there by 8am.
Barrell
I live just around the corner, on the other side of the river. If I get a chance, I will stop by.

[ 07-07-2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: barnaby ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.