BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At around 12:30 I went down to the beach to look at the surf, and when the first line of dark clouds started to go over the water. A little vortex started up, just outside the surf line. :eek: Wish I had a camera...

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Thats when waterspouts form. As soon as storms go over water. Cool!!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
10-4

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
holy s*#* i saw one the other day too.at harris in ac.i was working and heard some noise and looked over on the water and saw a spout form and go away just as fast.some of my buddies saw it too crasy!!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I remember fishing down of Akumal, and thre were water spouts on the horizon almost constantly. Really did not bother the captain of the little panga I was on!

·
Registered
522 Posts
This past June out of Islamorada was trolling 4-5 miles SE of Rodriquez Key when a storm cell, miles away and moving NNE away from us, did a hook and came straight for us. Tried to make the Key for shelter as skies were green, orange and black with serious wind.....amazing rain and seas from flat to 6ft in minutes. Got 1/4 mile from Key when the $hit hit the fan. Faced into the wind and seas to ride out when (3) spouts formed between us and the Key. Don't know how but thank GOD they went against the wind and hit the KEY. Torn a huge section of the mangroves completely off....we were covered with leaves and twigs. Within minutes the storm shifted back to it's original path and we broke out into steaming hot weather and almost dead flat seas.
Left the sailfish and frigate birds for the safety of the bar....should've been CHURCH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts