BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a thread on sunglasses right now but it is about high end glasses. When I lost a pair of Vuarnais glasses many moons ago, I vowed to never buy expensive sunglasses again. Now I am a real "cheapo" and buy only $20 and under glasses. I am considering a pair for up to $50. Does anyone recommend a pair of sunglasses in the $50 and under category? I am most interested in wearing them for fresh water fishing.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I wear Calcutta, which can be found at most tackle shops. I too have said I will never buy expensive sunglasses due to the fact that i usually break or lose them in 3 - 6 months.

Anyhow, they have been good to me and held up fine. $20 per pair.

K

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
After going though several pairs of expensive glasses, I have also been wearing Calcutta as well. I've been getting them at Sterling Harbor B & T. Great price and they look good. Sort of like this guy right here----:cool:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I am tuff on sunglasses too.
Wont buy high dollar ones anymore.
Calcuttas from Sterling Harbor are good,
most of the time I go with Puggs at Turkey Hill, dont know if wawa has them.
Polarized, amber or grays, seem to scratch less than the Calcuttas and even cheaper around 13-14 bucks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I like the Bimini Bay Sunglasses

They have some great styles and the mirrors hold up well. I keep a big assortment in stock.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I am tuff on sunglasses too.
Wont buy high dollar ones anymore.
Calcuttas from Sterling Harbor are good,
most of the time I go with Puggs at Turkey Hill, dont know if wawa has them.
Polarized, amber or grays, seem to scratch less than the Calcuttas and even cheaper around 13-14 bucks
Was in a Sheetz today and they had a large rack of Puggs, again,
the Polarized are the only ones of those I buy.
Best

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.