BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are these frelling bunch of fairies? A post gets going with logical and sometimes illogical thinking and they come in a kill the thread because they dont like that you disagree with them or that you have something bad to say about a Bass Barn supporter or against a supporter. If this is their "private" site, they should indicate so right now and we can make a choice to visit another fishing site. Otherwise they should leave valid discussions alone and leave their opinion about a discussion out of it.

Should some threads be killed? Sure, but not the ones that I've read recently.

Politically correct fishing - theres a new one for you.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
And what threads might you be talking about here!??!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Pinerat said:
Who are these frelling bunch of fairies? A post gets going with logical and sometimes illogical thinking and they come in a kill the thread because they dont like that you disagree with them or that you have something bad to say about a Bass Barn supporter or against a supporter. If this is their "private" site, they should indicate so right now and we can make a choice to visit another fishing site. Otherwise they should leave valid discussions alone and leave their opinion about a discussion out of it.

Should some threads be killed? Sure, but not the ones that I've read recently.

Politically correct fishing - theres a new one for you.
your best bet is contacting them through email, they don't like when they get called out on the forum.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Bruce Jr. said:
Fairies? Yikes:D :D :D :D
I wrote that 1 down:D May use it some day.:)
"You frelling bunch of faries" I have a few guys in mind as a matter of fact:eek: :D

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
You Know What I Love About Barners...

Is The Fact That We Take Someones Cry Baby Thread And Hijack It Like Its Going Out Of Style!!

Man I Love Barners!!!

We Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Pinerat said:
If this is their "private" site, they should indicate so right now and we can make a choice to visit another fishing site.
The way I always looked at it is this most certainly IS a private site. It's owned and operated by Ron Reddington. No one has any rights here except the ones he gives us. There is no such thing as "freedon of speech" on a privately owned website. Just like there is no such thing as freedom of speech in my privately owned home or business. You can speak about and in the manner in which I allow in my place of business.

If not, you leave.

I always assumed it was up to the "boss man" as to what is and is not allowable. If a moderator (who are ALL volunteers by the way) thinks something needs to be fixed, edited, deleted, whatever, they do so. If they are incorrect, Ron deals with it.

I never understood the thought that anyone here (or on any other privately owned site) has any rights whatsoever.

You and I post here through the good graces of the owner.

it's his house, his rules.

Don't like 'em? Too bad. Feel free to express your opinions of course (within the rules of the board naturally) but don't EXPECT anything, ACCEPT the fact that it's his site, not yours.

Just my .02

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
CaptTB said:
The way I always looked at it is this most certainly IS a private site. It's owned and operated by Ron Reddington. No one has any rights here except the ones he gives us. There is no such thing as "freedon of speech" on a privately owned website. Just like there is no such thing as freedom of speech in my privately owned home or business. You can speak about and in the manner in which I allow in my place of business.

If not, you leave.

I always assumed it was up to the "boss man" as to what is and is not allowable. If a moderator (who are ALL volunteers by the way) thinks something needs to be fixed, edited, deleted, whatever, they do so. If they are incorrect, Ron deals with it.

I never understood the thought that anyone here (or on any other privately owned site) has any rights whatsoever.

Don't like 'em? Too bad. Feel free to express your opinions of course (within the rules of the board naturally) but don't EXPECT anything, ACCEPT the fact that it's his site, not yours.

Just my .02

Great post Capt:)

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
CaptTB said:

If not, you leave.

Just my .02
AMEN, BROTHER

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Show em the door captain bogan!!

This aint his show!!

Wheres ron when you need him!?!

didnt hear a peep from the guy so maybe they saw it. lol

banned. :eek:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Pinerat said:
........If this is their "private" site, they should indicate so right now and we can make a choice to visit another fishing site. Otherwise they should leave valid discussions alone and leave their opinion about a discussion out of it..........
It's Ron's site - he can do whatever he wants.

He has empowered moderators to help him "moderate" according to his standards.

Anyone who doesn't like it can leave.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
I would love to know the post(s) in question, but frankly, if you don't like it, leave. There are plenty of fishing sites out there.

We do what we have to do, we do it for free and we surely make some mistakes along the way, but with 20K + members, we can't please everyone at the same time. Perhaps you should go to a site with 1000 members. I know of a couple that need a startup crew.

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Pinerat said:
Who are these frelling bunch of fairies? A post gets going with logical and sometimes illogical thinking and they come in a kill the thread because they dont like that you disagree with them or that you have something bad to say about a Bass Barn supporter or against a supporter.
Specifics???

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
mako6950 said:
Specifics???
Don't worry Tom. He just sounds like another one of them upity lawyers.:D

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Capt TB , i couldn't have said it better.

If we see a thread that sets off our bells and whistles we'll edit and or lock or delete the post /thread as we see fit. Note i said as "we" see fit. You all may not understand why we do what we do at times but quite frankly it's not for you to understand or worry about for that matter.

TBB is not a democricy , It is not your site. You have privledges here not rights.

If you used the brain you were born with and just emailed us the question i would have explainded it to you . I do it all the time with others:rolleyes:
But No ! You chose to make a smacked *** out of yourself with that statement.

I did not close the thread baystalker did. I won't answer for him so if he chooses to speak with you about it so be it.

FYI , Baystalker is currently having computer issues so any response will be delayed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.