BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been paying the extra for the Fluorocarbon lately, i want to know what you guys feel. The reason i have been buying it is because i was told it stretches 30% every foot the line is out. I haven't noticed much of a difference except it is a little lighter it seems. Any opinions?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I've only ever used Sufix Elite which is mono. I just tried Sufix Siege & I prefer the Elite over the Siege. All around great stuff, tough stuff too.. I use 12lb test.. It can deal w/ even the finickiest of pickerel, I've never broke one off..

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use mono for floating sticking baits. I save the florocarbon for sinking baits. I also have power pro for sinking baits. Since most of the water I fish is stained and full of junk. 30lbs power pro does the trick for me. I have fished Spruce Run for hybrids with braided line. Those hybrids pulled so hard that I was changing hooks every other cast.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
clear water - gamma edge flourocarbon

off colored water their copolymer unless I am fishing deep with jigs or trolling ...then it is power pro with fluoro leader.

yesterday's group: the guy that caught most of the few fish we had, had fluorocarbon mainline on and the other guy didn't. is that why he caught all of the fish? Probably not as they were aggressively jerking stickbaits but it caught my attention and all of my reels without fluoro are being switched over today. i had 3-4 feet of visibility in the river yesterday for what that info is worth to ya.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Use mono or braid for your main running line. Use the fluoro to tie your leaders. It is much more abrasive-resistant than any other line out there, so it can take the abuse of being at the leader of your line scraping along the ground where you are fishing, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried braid out last summer.....couldn't stand it. It seemed i couldn't feel any of my lures action, although it is crazy strong. Thanks for the tips everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts