BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We went on the Rosie yesterday out of Montauk.Left the dock at 3am with 18 fares and had flat seas and no breeze.Made our first drift from 6:15-7 am and the capt said we moved 700 feet in 45 mins.It was Lock and Load Cod fishing.Mostly on bait to start but the next few drifts we jigged and caught just as well.This trip the CM 220 hammered diamond out produced the Lav jig for me.I even tried the Steve London Jig:D but didnt catch $hit on it:D.Musta been angler error...By 9 am we were the first boat to head back in with our limit.Great Capt and crew.These guys worked hard to keep us on the fish.They limit the boat to 20 fares so theres plenty of room.A big thanks to PEB3 for his recommendations.Pool fish was 21 lbs.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
I have been watching the weather and yesterday was the best day of the week weather wise but, I had a prior commitment. Also it doesn't appear that the moon phase affected you guys very much. Congrats on a nice catch!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy catchemup down there pal enjoy youre vaca.

Rocky I was hesitant about going around the moon but I saw the reports from Sun were pretty good.Our few hours of fishing were at a slower part of the tide.We didnt drift far and we used only 12oz with bait and an 8oz jig was fine.

It is something to see how close they get to each other.I dont know how but it seems to stay very civil.They do a great job working together.At times you can have a maddog bite and the boat 100 feet away has nothing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice

Sweet Mike, Im gettin ready for fri, Its gna be a little sloppy But so far Mark says its a go. What a day you guys had looked kinda like the day we were toggin with Adam. Keep in touch man I want in on the next adventure Where ever it is seems like you pick the banner days....

·
Registered
595 Posts
Peter, do you remember this boat (small walkaround). It looks like the boat that was screwing around out there the last time you were out on the Rosie. He got his anchor line caught up with the Celtic Quest first and then with you guys aboard the Rosie. I was off your starboard side on the MP6 watching the whole thing, I'm surpise the mates gave him back his anchor.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
[Peter, do you remember this boat (small walkaround). It looks like the boat that was screwing around out there the last time you were out on the Rosie. He got his anchor line caught up with the Celtic Quest first and then with you guys aboard the Rosie. I was off your starboard side on the MP6 watching the whole thing, I'm surpise the mates gave him back his anchor.

/QUOTE]

Yes I do Mark. here is what happenend.

We were the first boat out at 1am (that's one of the reasons why I like the Roise, they will usually do whatever is required to catch fish). We anchored up all alone at around 4:30am. We had a great bite from about 5:15am to 6:30am.

Starting around 5:30am to 6am other boats start showing up around us. Since we have the Cod bio mass feeding on our chum slick I think that we were out catching most of the other boats around us.

At around 6:45am the bozo in the above noted picture goes to anchor in front of us. Capt James from the Rosie shouts at him on the blower to please not anchor on top of this line. The Capt of the Celtic Quest (who is anchored up next to us) shouts the same thing.

The bozo anchors on top of The Rosie's line. He then tries to pull up both his line and our line while cutting across the anchor line of the Celtic Quest. Capt James sees a huge cluster f about to happen that's when he yells at the gut to stop doing this, and proceeds to pull up his anchor and give it back to him.

That, if effect, ended our fishing for the day.

Thanks for reminding me.

Peter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.